steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Sell it on Pinkbike, Facebook, the forums and gumtree, and do it via bank transfer.
That is more like it, but I'd stick to cash! I'd insist on buyer collect and payment in cash. I sold a complete bike recently via eBay (last resort, got no interest from other routes). All I will say is that there are some convincing scam artists out there! But not convincing enough, fortunately.

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
That is more like it, but I'd stick to cash! I'd insist on buyer collect and payment in cash. I sold a complete bike recently via eBay (last resort, got no interest from other routes). All I will say is that there are some convincing scam artists out there! But not convincing enough, fortunately.

Did you know the police can seize the cash if it’s over a £1000 and you can’t prove where it came from there and then?

Something to do with stopping people money laundering / drug dealing.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Warranty? Is it transferable? This is a stumbling block with second hand eBikes.

IME, people buying unused, second hand anything are expecting a decent discount from RRP. 12% just won't cut it.

lookieuk

Nov 22, 2018
nz
Does anyone know if i can get a large from wiggle ....am based in New Zealand? and would a large suit me, tryed the merdia 900 and large felt nice...am 6ft with long arms and 32" leg

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
:rolleyes:
Bugger. I wasn't gold when the promo started (still not quite there). Even if I ordered enough to get over the threshold tonight I don't think it would apply. The T&C's say "if you already qualify".

Fuck them and their 5% :ROFLMAO:
Not sure I get you bud, wiggle on have gold and platinum discounts which are usually 5% and 12%. If you have a 5% discount that means you are a gold member and qualify for 15% until tomorrow?! What’s the price of the bike in their website for you when logged in to your account, should drop from £3800 to £3220, that’s what I got it for

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Well seeming as Wiggle have done increases in loyalty reductions twice now in the last two months, maybe when the Vitus comes back in stock in medium the 20% will be available anyway. I hope.

Seems a lot of faff to buy the small, sell the small, then buy the medium.

Just pissed off with the situation TBH. I am down another £300 for not getting it today.

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Well seeming as Wiggle have done increases in loyalty reductions twice now in the last two months, maybe when the Vitus comes back in stock in medium the 20% will be available anyway. I hope.

Seems a lot of faff to buy the small, sell the small, then buy the medium.

Just pissed off with the situation TBH. I am down another £300 for not getting it today.
Why don’t you just get the small and try it, wiggle have a no fuss return policy, they even come and pick the bike up again. And At least you can see how sexy it is before you go for the medium in a month or 2 :cool:

Jun 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Why don’t you just get the small and try it, wiggle have a no fuss return policy, they even come and pick the bike up again. And At least you can see how sexy it is before you go for the medium in a month or 2 :cool:

“The 30 day test ride is available on all bikes* from Wiggle so long as the price when purchased had a discount no greater than 15%. 30 day test rides commence from the date of delivery. Intention to return the bike within the parameters of the scheme must be notified by email within 30 calendar days of delivery. This offer applies to all bikes purchased from 20th November 2010.”

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
“The 30 day test ride is available on all bikes* from Wiggle so long as the price when purchased had a discount no greater than 15%. 30 day test rides commence from the date of delivery. Intention to return the bike within the parameters of the scheme must be notified by email within 30 calendar days of delivery. This offer applies to all bikes purchased from 20th November 2010.”
I didn’t mean the test ride scheme, just the normal returns policy, you can get it out of the box, set it up and try it out for size etc instead of bashing it for 30 days. Better than nowt

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
it's NOT TWITCHY
I said
MOAR TWITCHY...
ie. slightly more than the quite frankly MASSIVE and super stable medium

I can guarantee it'll be less twitchy than any bike you've ever ridden before

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Oh.. Roooooss!

She's just finishing making the intestines for that replica..
15440447162121455887122.jpg

Now where did I put those pins?

PDM

Apr 21, 2018
Scotland
If your cables are bit of a mess, easiest to drop the motor out of the frame to tidy it up. Not a difficult job, you don't need to fully remove/disconnect the motor, just unbolt it and lower it slightly out, ideally having something to rest it on.[/QUOTE
OK, thanks for replies. Think I’ll drop the motor and see if the cable can be straightened out a bit.
Update: Dropped the motor as suggested by R120. Re-routed all cables up the channel on the top of the motor on the right hand side to minimise kinks. Way better now. ?

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Sorry, I'm currently showing full list :eek:

If I bought a couple of chains then I'd get gold (and 5%), but not before this current promo ends, so no 15% :cry:

Hate you... ;)
Ha, £3200 is an absolute bargain, but still pissed I didn’t get the full 20%, that would have dropped it to £3k which is an absolute steal! :eek:

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Just noticed I put this post on the wrong thread, doh.

Done a Gary (oh, the shame) and got rid of all the red. Think I will get some colour matched fork and shock graphics but I could go for neon pink....

20181208_151527.jpg

20181208_151521.jpg

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
All sold out except for size small!
My wiggle order is still "processing" after 6 days so not counting my chickens just yet, should be here by Thursday so just waiting on that "posted" email. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh now and still cant believe i've ordered a bike from just one side profile picture only! Vitus might make good bikes but they suck at marketting and getting pics onto their website.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Yeah but the blue/jade would be a lot harder to cover over! Didn't dislike either colour, just not together

Get some photos up when it arrives, can't believe neither CRC or Vitus have got more photos sorted. Piss poor really

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Yeah but the blue/jade would be a lot harder to cover over! Didn't dislike either colour, just not together

Get some photos up when it arrives, can't believe neither CRC or Vitus have got more photos sorted. Piss poor really
I guess you're right re the blue, still looks sweet ride though (y) I'll get some pictures up soon as its unboxed and sitting pretty :)

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Lllĺ
Or
Why bother spending money (and upping the cost to the consumer) on a fancy photoshoot when the bikes sell out infinitely faster than they can get them from the factory.

How much do you think taking a few half decent photos and sticking them on the websites is going to add to the cost of each bike in the digital age? Yes they can sell them as fast as they can make them at the moment but it doesn't do their brand image any favours to be selling bikes that still cost north of 3k with just one crap photo online.

Also, I think you're just being contrary for the sake of it sometimes. Maybe sometime gentleman's special time and a brisk walk afterwards would help you to relax?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Has anyone updated firmware yet, any difference?
Also an update for the swap e6000
Yes. Updated a few weeks back.
Haven't noticed any major difference

Except if I choose cadence on the display it defaults back to speed again after a while. (like it did on a lot of previous firmwares but annoyingly not the one I just updated from) I think this might just be a "feature" of the display. Nothing a bit of black tape won't sort.

I wish shimano actually released some detailed info on what their firmware updates did

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles