• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Vans

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
There might already be a thread on this but thinking about getting a van must take 2 e bikes minimum and good mpg any recommendations

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
if its just for bikes then look at the smaller car derived vans perhaps rather than a larger transit type..
I had an old ford connect and used to get 45mpg out of it, get an MX bike in the back or easily 3 MTB and they are cheap as chips for an old one.. mine was a LWB..
my mate has the citroen dispatch which is a nice medium sized van with 3 seats and 2 sliding doors for easier access.. youll get plenty of bikes in there and because its the common 1.6 turbo diesel with 120ps it still does 45mpg..

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
if its just for bikes then look at the smaller car derived vans perhaps rather than a larger transit type..
I had an old ford connect and used to get 45mpg out of it, get an MX bike in the back or easily 3 MTB and they are cheap as chips for an old one.. mine was a LWB..
my mate has the citroen dispatch which is a nice medium sized van with 3 seats and 2 sliding doors for easier access.. youll get plenty of bikes in there and because its the common 1.6 turbo diesel with 120ps it still does 45mpg..

I reckon a connect would make a great bike van. I looked at them briefly when looking for a van to convert into a camper. A little too small for that use!

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
I went for a Mitsubishi Delica. Just brilliant. Tons of space, 4wd and the premier feature.........an up and over back door. Read, a rain shelter to remove muddy kit before climbing in the van. Also used a Suzuki micro van thing with the same type of back door. Really really handy. worked really well for me the little suzi. I have never known anything take a beating like that without issues. Plus a million miles on a whiff of unleaded.
B85B7D38-875E-446E-884F-CA9E3A0F2689.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles