• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

US SW on bosch gen 4 cx performance

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
I have a Cube hybrid 160 with bosch gen 4 cx motor. verry happy with it. I'm not planning to tune it .
just out of curiosity, would it be possible to load US software on it so the limit is 30 km/h instead of 25km/h?

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
I've not had first hand experience of this, but I have read on this forum that a UK dealer using the official Bosch software cannot do this, as they are UK based.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
In theory yes, in practice no.

To get the US firmware installed you need to log onto the US Dealer Portal. UK Dealer log on details aren’t valid on the US Portal.

Dr. Don

Mar 1, 2020
USA
In theory yes, in practice no.

To get the US firmware installed you need to log onto the US Dealer Portal. UK Dealer log on details aren’t valid on the US Portal.
So, a question--- if someone were to import a European spec bike with a bosch motor to the US, would a the US dealer be able to reprogram the bosch motor to US specs? Thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles