UPS lost my new Rail

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
I think the UPS guy is out riding it......................
Sorry it got lost since it's hard to get any new bike now a days

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
They should ship the bike and the charger separately.
Or better still, build in a security code into the software such that you have to contact the dealer after delivery to allow the bike to work. So it will be useless to a thief.

ziscwg

Sep 18, 2019
US
They should ship the bike and the charger separately.
Or better still, build in a security code into the software such that you have to contact the dealer after delivery to allow the bike to work. So it will be useless to a thief.
while this seems like a good idea on paper, in reality, it's a nightmare. Software updates, boot errors, and all the things associated with it for a very small percentage of the total shipments.

Are you willing to miss a day's ride with your buddies because your bike did not work because of a security error? I'm not.

To me, a simpler solution that falls on the party responsible is to have Trek tell UPS, "Secure our shipments, or we will find a company who can."

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Its summer. Id track down another optiin first then get your $ back and snap up that option. Bosch gen4 option like the new whyte , cube or niner. Rail is sweet but theres a good selection of sweet bikes now if you can find stock. Then again trek has been trickling out small numbers of 2021 bikes to the lbs'. Possible you dont have to wait 100 days. Just checked out the 2021 trek slash at the lbs yesterday. They werent expecting it. Not the custom paint jobs trek is offering but paint looked amazing on that top of the line model. Maybe theyll do the custom paint for you for the trouble?

Like a Boss

Feb 25, 2020
USA
Its summer. Id track down another optiin first then get your $ back and snap up that option. Bosch gen4 option like the new whyte , cube or niner. Rail is sweet but theres a good selection of sweet bikes now if you can find stock. Then again trek has been trickling out small numbers of 2021 bikes to the lbs'. Possible you dont have to wait 100 days. Just checked out the 2021 trek slash at the lbs yesterday. They werent expecting it. Not the custom paint jobs trek is offering but paint looked amazing on that top of the line model. Maybe theyll do the custom paint for you for the trouble?
Wait, say what? New Slash? Pictures or it doesn't exist.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Wait, say what? New Slash? Pictures or it doesn't exist.
Haaa, i didnt have much of a look. It was still in the box. Im going to see if the have the geo for them as its a bit of a redesign. Paint was sort of a dark purple/green depending on what angle you look at it. It was the 9 point something. Carbon with carbon rims. Not sure on groupo. Beyond my pay grade. I was looking to possibly get a 2021 slash 8 if they became available. Aluminum frame with a yari. 2020's dont fit me at all. Short top tubes and reach, long seatube with short droppers , slack seat angle and high bb. It seems theyre stuck with slack seat angles. Even their new super light xc bike Emily Batty has the seat as far forward as it'll go. Strange they wouldnt design what their top athletes want on a new release. Maybe the slash will break the mold

Like a Boss

Feb 25, 2020
USA
Haaa, i didnt have much of a look. It was still in the box. Im going to see if the have the geo for them as its a bit of a redesign. Paint was sort of a dark purple/green depending on what angle you look at it. It was the 9 point something. Carbon with carbon rims. Not sure on groupo. Beyond my pay grade. I was looking to possibly get a 2021 slash 8 if they became available. Aluminum frame with a yari. 2020's dont fit me at all. Short top tubes and reach, long seatube with short droppers , slack seat angle and high bb. It seems theyre stuck with slack seat angles. Even their new super light xc bike Emily Batty has the seat as far forward as it'll go. Strange they wouldnt design what their top athletes want on a new release. Maybe the slash will break the mold
Hey Dirtnvert, that's rad. Looks like you are looking for the same thing I am. I spent way too much money on a Rail, but I like the way it fits ands rides. I'm 5'10" and the large Rail is a good fit. The L Slash has those old problems you mentioned, long seat tube, short reach. That said, I can put a 170 reverb slammed into the Rail, so I can't really go much longer on the dropper. In any case I would like to build up a Slash aluminum for an analog bike. The 2019 aluminum is pretty good, but like you said the reach is a tad short. The seat angle steepened up a little, and of course the aluminum option brought the price down. I'm cool with aluminum, but the storage box in the carbon frame will be rad. So we'll see. If there is already a 2021 Slash in a box at a bikeshop the official release would be any day, I would say.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Hey Dirtnvert, that's rad. Looks like you are looking for the same thing I am. I spent way too much money on a Rail, but I like the way it fits ands rides. I'm 5'10" and the large Rail is a good fit. The L Slash has those old problems you mentioned, long seat tube, short reach. That said, I can put a 170 reverb slammed into the Rail, so I can't really go much longer on the dropper. In any case I would like to build up a Slash aluminum for an analog bike. The 2019 aluminum is pretty good, but like you said the reach is a tad short. The seat angle steepened up a little, and of course the aluminum option brought the price down. I'm cool with aluminum, but the storage box in the carbon frame will be rad. So we'll see. If there is already a 2021 Slash in a box at a bikeshop the official release would be any day, I would say.
Ok thats good to know on the rail. Looks like we're after similar set ups. I was thinking about a rail. Lbs said i could take their demo out sometime. Ill have to take them up on that now. After trying the 2020 slash i never thought of the rail again, thinking incorrectly that it would fit the same. I need more seat dropper than the slash would provide and that seat angle is from the 90's
I was mistaken too. The bike i saw was a 2021 remedy. I was asking them about geo today. They confirmed a redesign on the slash but didnt have any charts. They said there should be a demo day in town in sept. I cant wait that long, especially without seeing geo but i should go to the demo to try some bikes

datonetti

Jun 9, 2020
Lodi, ca 95240
Good news. The bike was located at the UPS Depot. A good buddy of mine, 30 year UPS employee, was able to find the package stuffed back in the damaged area. Due to its size, it was repeatedly left off the delivery truck. He delivered it to my LBS himself. My Rail was in perfect condition and now in my possession. Will post pics and ride impressions soon.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Good news. The bike was located at the UPS Depot. A good buddy of mine, 30 year UPS employee, was able to find the package stuffed back in the damaged area. Due to its size, it was repeatedly left off the delivery truck. He delivered it to my LBS himself. My Rail was in perfect condition and now in my possession. Will post pics and ride impressions soon.
Excellent news ! You owe him a few beers or a ride on the new bike :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles