Upgrade time, Internal routing....

Luke0770

Sep 8, 2019
Maidenhead
Planning some upgrades to my Jam2

Looking to upgrade my dropper post, brakes and change to e7000 switch

How easy is it to get access to the internal cable routing?
Do I have to drop the motor?

Also what length cable do I need for the e7000 switch 300mm, 400mm or 700mm?

Thanks

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Planning some upgrades to my Jam2

Looking to upgrade my dropper post, brakes and change to e7000 switch

How easy is it to get access to the internal cable routing?
Do I have to drop the motor?

Also what length cable do I need for the e7000 switch 300mm, 400mm or 700mm?

Thanks

Didn't do it on a Jam2,but another E8000 bike. The E7000 switch I used a 400mm cable which was the right length.

For my dropper it really should have been a drop the motor, which isn't that bad, it swings on the back two bolts. But I left it in and spent more time than was sensible feeding the cable through. Mine had a bash guard on the motor, so I took that off and went round the outside the motor, coming round and backup took a lot of time and patience .. You might also run short on cable going the long way round too .

Hopefully someone with a Jam2 will come along and give some "real" information :)

BackHol3

Aug 26, 2019
Finland
Didn't do it on a Jam2,but another E8000 bike. The E7000 switch I used a 400mm cable which was the right length.

For my dropper it really should have been a drop the motor, which isn't that bad, it swings on the back two bolts. But I left it in and spent more time than was sensible feeding the cable through. Mine had a bash guard on the motor, so I took that off and went round the outside the motor, coming round and backup took a lot of time and patience .. You might also run short on cable going the long way round too .

Hopefully someone with a Jam2 will come along and give some "real" information :)

I got a new Jam2 9.6 Plus bike just recently. I cut the dropper housing too much and I had to route the housing again. It was impossible to route the "factory way"(above the motor)if you didn't want to take motor away, so I had to route the housing between the motor cover and motor and bring back up behind the motor( yes, there is a hole which lead to the seatpost).

Actually it's better this way because the cable and the housing doesn't had to make so tight turn when goes up to seatpost. In here Finland tight cable turns are bad because the freezing sub zero winter.

Luke0770

Sep 8, 2019
Maidenhead
I just received my new E7000 switch and it's the wrong size.
I ordered the 400mm and I needed 700mm length cable.

The 400mm is okay if the cable runs externally.
The 700mm is what you need if the cable runs internally in your handle bars.

So I have ordered a connector to join the two together and just leave the rest inside the bars

bissona

Patreon
Oct 14, 2018
Guernsey
I replaced my dropper cable last weekend by taping the new one to the old one and pulling it through. Worked perfectly, took 1min.

Have taken the engine out a couple of times and it’s no longer a job I do out of choice!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles