Updated E-Tube

PGR

May 12, 2019
Australia
I have heard mention of an updated E-Tube where we will have more control over the power output. Has anyone had a play yet ? I’m told that it’s only available for PC now, but will be working on mobile devices in a couple of weeks.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
It's version 3.4.0 for PC released a couple of weeks ago.
In truth it does not bring with it a better management of the output powers but simply the possibility to set also ECO on 3 different assistance percentages as it was already for Trail and Boost.

Reactions: PGR

PGR

May 12, 2019
Australia
So I’ve just been informed with my Shimano E800 if I’m running a dongle or software to unrestrict it. Do not upgrade to 4.7 or it will cut the motor out. My question is can I check without updating ? I’ve only got the bike 3 weeks ago, and was looking at getting a badass box but would like to know before I hand over the money.

PGR

May 12, 2019
Australia
Looks like I’m in the clear, 4.7 came out on the 22nd May. You can check but don’t do if the device you check with is on the internet and then you can make sure it’s on something lower then 4.7

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
So I’ve just been informed with my Shimano E800 if I’m running a dongle or software to unrestrict it. Do not upgrade to 4.7 or it will cut the motor out. My question is can I check without updating ? I’ve only got the bike 3 weeks ago, and was looking at getting a badass box but would like to know before I hand over the money.

Once you fit the badass box you won't even need the app or even care what it does, it's too much fun with one to worry about diving in to change settings on an app.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
Rider, 4.7.0 firmware has nothing to do with Echo settable, that was always done even with old firmware, third-party PC applications and now even smartphones allow changing it, it was E-Tube that didn't allow it.

Trots55

Jan 26, 2019
Oxfordshire
I just got the emaxmobileapp on my iphone for tuning the eco/trail/boost settings and it works like a dream. MUCH better and quicker than using the e-tube app! Set the assistance and torque how you want.

If you pay for the licence I'm guessing you can change the speed settings as well?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles