Updated Cover kit Part # for 2019 Levo

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
I picked up my Levo in the beginning of Feb, unfortunately it did not have the updated cover. I contacted Specialized support and they got back to me with the part number for the new housing. S194200013. They asked me to contact my local retailer (which I did) and the retailer was happy to order it under warranty for me. Once it's in they will install if for me.
unnamed.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 11.22.07 AM.png

Apples

Oct 27, 2018
Wiltshire
If it’s like only about £40 quid ish , I see it as an improvement like anything on the bike , for the uk conditions I ride in , and other changes I’ve made to the standard spec of my comp carbon .
I’ve changed the grips, bars , saddle and peddles ! Some have changed wheels , shock , fork , brakes and drivetrain but I am happy with these at present . Maybe I’ll improve/ upgrade when they wear out rather than replace like for like .
In a perfect world yes I agree the bike should be flawless but we know it’s not a perfect world , when dealing with new tech you always expect a level of fault finding and ongoing improvement , they can’t be expected to do everything for nothing , it’s the nature of the beast .
Overall I love my levo and still see it as the best toy I have ever bought , 5 months in and it still makes me smile everyday .

muzzman1

Feb 11, 2019
Los Angeles CA
So I got a call back from my local service store, and he let me know that the new cover it NOT covered under warranty, and " it is also recommended that the motor mount be changed" as well since they would have to pull the motor out to replace the cover. The parts and labor are about $200.

My question to all of you is, does all of this really matter? In my case after each ride a bunch of junk gets in there and I just get as much out as I can. I suspect very little is getting past the sponge that is in place.

Stephen

Jan 10, 2019
Mallorca , Spain
So I got a call back from my local service store, and he let me know that the new cover it NOT covered under warranty, and " it is also recommended that the motor mount be changed" as well since they would have to pull the motor out to replace the cover. The parts and labor are about $200.

My question to all of you is, does all of this really matter? In my case after each ride a bunch of junk gets in there and I just get as much out as I can. I suspect very little is getting past the sponge that is in place.
Just a comment regarding the need to extract the motor in order to replace the covers . Thats not correct . I changed them myself , was no problem and no need to touch the motor .

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk

No, I don't think it is worth changing if you have to pay for it.
I have had the cover changed on mine under warranty.
Apart from the extra bolt holding on the side cover there is no difference, the new cover still has the massive hole in the rear of it, which is where most of the debris gets in anyway.

Leethal1

Dec 4, 2018
SoCal
My cover has large gaps along the mating surface.. closes well with duct tape but that is not a great fix.. if the 4 screw cover fixes it, should be a warranty.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
mine was gaping badly so it was changed under warranty, if your three bolt housing fits perfectly there is no advantage to having it changed

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
...In a perfect world yes I agree the bike should be flawless but we know it’s not a perfect world , when dealing with new tech you always expect a level of fault finding and ongoing improvement , they can’t be expected to do everything for nothing , it’s the nature of the beast.
The previous model did not have a motor cover that collected cr@p, so I don't think this is a matter of "new technology". All of these issues with the new Levo were preventable with more testing in varied conditions - it's now clear they simply didn't do that to get the bike to market quicker. If this bike is being sold in the UK for UK conditions it needs to deal with them, and if it couldn't out of the box Specialized should be putting that right for nothing. Don't give up your consumer rights so easily!

Last edited:

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
The previous model did not have a motor cover that collected cr@p, so I don't think this is a matter of "new technology". All of these issues with the new Levo were preventable with more testing in varied conditions -- it's now clear they simply didn't do that to get the bike to market quicker. If this bike is being sold in the UK for UK conditions it needs to deal with them, and if it couldn't out of the box Specialized should be putting that right for nothing. Don't give up your consumer rights so easily!
the 2017/18 models did collect crap around the motor, in some conditions lots off it. Its why its so surprising that spesh didnt fix that on the 2019 models

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
Hi folks. I'm not sure if I do need to install some kind of cover/fender to avoid mud getting inside engine cover. Can you tell by the photo if I should be concerned about protecting that area?
15523385561922199898605302290233.jpg

15523386368807984032881071193328.jpg

Rocket Roche

Nov 21, 2018
Hertfordshire
Hi folks. I'm not sure if I do need to install some kind of cover/fender to avoid mud getting inside engine cover. Can you tell by the photo if I should be concerned about protecting that area? View attachment 11724

View attachment 11725
I push a small piece of cloth into that hole to stop the mud building up on my second motor due to the mud cake that built up behind the plastic casing? Also the crank arms wouldn't spin freely when pushed backwards apparently due to water getting into the crank bearings? was told not to direct water around that area when cleaning :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles