Unlocking Specialized Creo?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Firstly let me say I admire your work. Anything e: emtbs, pedelecs & on to E*POWAH-mtbs, e-moto's, etc and now even e-road bikes like the Creo, they all have an important place.

Anyway a very knowledgable Spesh man who's ridden it & knows, told me it's just amazing - apparently it glides easily at 50 km/h on flats. With 48V, SL 1.1, Di2 11-42t & 12.2 kg I'm not surprised.

So obvious question what does this unlock?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I can see it now!
F920519D-0B3E-4E1D-8565-F19928D4A243.jpeg

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Firstly let me say I admire your work. Anything e: emtbs, pedelecs & on to E*POWAH-mtbs, e-moto's, etc and now even e-road bikes like the Creo, they all have an important place.

Anyway a very knowledgable Spesh man who's ridden it & knows, told me it's just amazing - apparently it glides easily at 50 km/h on flats. With 48V, SL 1.1, Di2 11-42t & 12.2 kg I'm not surprised.

So obvious question what does this unlock?
Unlocks the speed assist so you get assistance higher than the current limit?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Haha I did ask the wrong question didn't I. Can I have another go?

What's your top speed estimate - unrestricted - fit rider on flat road?

Don't get me wrong I'm not questioning the rationale - I can think of many legitimate future use scenarios.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Haha I did ask the wrong question didn't I. Can I have another go?

What's your top speed estimate - unrestricted - fit rider on flat road?

Don't get me wrong I'm not questioning the rationale - I can think of many legitimate future use scenarios.
I would think assist will continue till you spin out as on the Levo/ Kenevo.
Achieving 50-60mph would be insane ?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I would think assist will continue till you spin out as on the Levo/ Kenevo.
Achieving 50-60mph would be insane ?
Insane? I think irresponsible would be a more accurate description.
It would be a lot of fun until a car makes a right hand turn in front of me

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
I'm conflicted. I do see your point and would worry very much for the safety of anyone doing 60 mph on a public road. Where else could it be ridden?

At the same time, given proper design, infrastructure & safety features these are the types of forward looking transport concepts that could help save the planet.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
I’m afraid testing boundaries provides information about power outputs, inputs and variables. As most road cyclists can reach quite dangerous speeds without an ebike, speed restrictions can be safe and a curse depending on application.
Everyone has choices ?

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
After having built and ridden two drop bar eBikes capable of maintaining speeds slightly in excess of 30mph on level ground for a few years now although it is fun at first to go that fast in reality due to ride time/distance limits due to battery on board.

As an experiment I rode my country road loop of about 18 miles several times to see if I could average 30mph. Came closer and closer until I finally nailed it. Never did it again. Sucked 500w of energy and the ride only lasted about 45 minutes. On the same bike I can ride 45 miles using that same 500w and prefer to do so. Average speed is fluid I find and I pay less attention to that than wh/mi and quality of the ride itself.

I would expect that chipping a Creo would have about the same results. But I would still do it if I had one because being able to get assist just below the air resistance factor of around 24 mph into a headwind can be very satisfying.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
adjusting the speed sensor signal input can allow the bike to assist well above the set limit.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Thank you for all the enquires. As soon as viable this product will be released.
Pre-order and launch price should be available in May.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
hi,

question. How this different to adjusting the wheel circumference in the settings of the Creo for example. Wouldn't reducing the wheel circumference achieve the same effect?

Thanks
You won’t be able to reduce wheelsize enough to gain any real speed.

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
You won’t be able to reduce wheelsize enough to gain any real speed.
Any way to overcome the ‘wrong’ distance being reported?

i have my Creo paired to my Wahoo Roam, and its not possible to pair only Power and let the headunit record through GPS.

U have any ideas on how it might be possible? When i search for sensors on my Wahoo it only shows ‘ebike’, not separate sensors for Power, Speed, Distance, Cadence, Battery and Mode.

thanks

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Any way to overcome the ‘wrong’ distance being reported?

i have my Creo paired to my Wahoo Roam, and its not possible to pair only Power and let the headunit record through GPS.

U have any ideas on how it might be possible? When i search for sensors on my Wahoo it only shows ‘ebike’, not separate sensors for Power, Speed, Distance, Cadence, Battery and Mode.

thanks
Unfortunately not, using some apps within garmin allow you to select screens that have specific data and additional GPS field.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles