UK Warranty on German bought bike.

@nts77

Jul 9, 2020
Lancashire
Has anybody had any joy finding a UK Focus dealer prepared/able to do warranty work on bike bought in Germany?

I have a 2020 Jam2 with a problematic motor which was bought from Bikediscount.de (mainly because they had them in stock at the time.

I'm happy to pay the UK shop for their labour as long as they can get the parts covered, but the few I've tried aren't interested.

I've emailed Focus and they initially said that it needs to go back to Germany, but a UK dealer could get the parts on warranty - I just need to find one that will, and preferably in the North West.

Cheers

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@@nts77 Rutland Cycling were quite happy to pursue warranty claims for me for a Focus not bought from them. If there is doubt about the claim or who is responsible, then will charge £37 to pursue it. It's worth calling them. I used the workshop at their Whitwell branch. 01780 460705

@nts77

Jul 9, 2020
Lancashire
Thanks @steve_sordy.
Focus Germany have confirmed that they can supply the parts to any UK dealer, but my local one has explained their stance is I didn't buy it from them so they won't; which is fine, but hardly encourages me to buy anything else from them ever again.
I'll try elsewhere but if I still get no joy I'll try Rutland.

Shy Ted

Aug 20, 2019
Inbed
Admittedly I bought my Focus from Rutland via mail order and not from Germany, but when I had a warranty issue Wheelbase, Ilkley were more than willing to help me. They are a Focus dealer which helps. They also have a shop in The Lakes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles