UK Cycle-to-work scheme to include eBikes!

Lithium

Jun 4, 2018
UK

Adam

Nov 20, 2018
Plymouth, UK
Awesome news!

Was planning to try and ask my employer to adopt the green commute initiative, didn't fancy my chances. They already do Cycle2work though. Should be much easier.

Lithium

Jun 4, 2018
UK
Don't know exactly - on the Cyclescheme site they haven't listed all dates yet. I read elsewhere (can't find it now) that it could be as soon as August/Sept, guessing employers need time to sign up or change terms etc. At high level it appears that the gov/cyclescheme are trying to make it very easy for employers to update their limits without having to change contracts etc but time will tell.

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
I own my own limited company and I bought the Turbo Levo for 3.5K straight out of the company. Didn't pay VAT which helps a lot :)

Bigwig

Feb 12, 2019
Middlesbrough
I got a used Levo through bike to work. Paid using the voucher and put the balance on an interest free credit card. Both repaid over 1 year, simples.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I got a used Levo through bike to work. Paid using the voucher and put the balance on an interest free credit card. Both repaid over 1 year, simples.
Yes, but remember many schemes don’t allow you to top up with cash and you don’t own the bike for 3-4 years. That (plus the fact the benefits are now pretty marginal for storage tax payers) is the bit I really don’t like, though I did buy my last analogue MTB this way.

Bigwig

Feb 12, 2019
Middlesbrough
Yes, but remember many schemes don’t allow you to top up with cash and you don’t own the bike for 3-4 years. That (plus the fact the benefits are now pretty marginal for storage tax payers) is the bit I really don’t like, though I did buy my last analogue MTB this way.

My scheme doesn’t allow top up. The shop took care of that bit.
They sound like great company’s to work for offering 3-4 years job security
Never seen a scheme go over 13 months myself, 13th month being the final % settlement payment.
I hear you that all schemes are different though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles