Tyre pressure

Re-Cycle

Jul 13, 2018
Netherlands
I'm 70kg without gear and my tires are aprox. 14.5 psi (1 bar).
Maybe could be a little bit less, but i'm still experimenting, coming from 2.3/2.4 tires...

Bob lakin

Aug 4, 2018
Devon
I'm 70kg without gear and my tires are aprox. 14.5 psi (1 bar).
Maybe could be a little bit less, but i'm still experimenting, coming from 2.3/2.4 tires...
I'm 82 kilos and at moment running 18 psi front and 20 rear .so far so good.

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
After getting a couple of ‘ burp’ flats when going tubeless and not being able to reseat the bead out on the track:mad: . I’ve just fitted Cushcore inners. Wasn’t too difficult after watching their installation video. Will be interesting to see how they perform.

Last edited:

ChrisB NZ

Aug 21, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Are many people getting pinch flats with these tyres (with tubes)? I'm still running tubes (at about 20 psi) and have had no problems so far. Then again, I'm not doing big jumps for fear of breaking this ageing body :)

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I have a mullet bike. 29 x 2.5 on the front. Both assegai (current) and dhf (recent past) were at 16psi - seems good, both with tubes, no flats. The rear is 27.5x2.6 is weird. DHRII seems to need 21 with a tube, 23 tubeless. I tried the dhrII at 19 when it was first tubeless. It felt too flat - and I got a flat. The home made sealant took a while to work - admittedly it is 5 or 6mm cut low down on the wall. I feel it might be a pinch flat.
I have since found that 23psi for dhrII tubeless on rear - I was running 21 in the same tyre prior to going tubeless and it was good. I'll keep trying tubeless on the rear for a while, if not for good. Initially I missed the extra support of the inner tube - it didn't need as much air and wasn't so pliable as tubeless. Maybe I'm getting used to it.

Last edited:

MrEscape

Apr 29, 2020
UK
I run 25psi.
tubeless and 2500 miles, no punctures - only flat I had is when the side wall tore.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles