Two new Pivot Shuttles here

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
The XTR version doesn't even have XTR brakes.
There's an excellent review on www.singletrackworld.com with quite a few surprises, one of which is that the Fox 36 are not EMTB specific as those are too heavy and only house a FOX 34 air spring and damper so at least you're getting a top suspension package.

Pybo

Jan 21, 2019
Middlesbrough
The XTR version doesn't even have XTR brakes.
There's an excellent review on www.singletrackworld.com with quite a few surprises, one of which is that the Fox 36 are not EMTB specific as those are too heavy and only house a FOX 34 air spring and damper so at least you're getting a top suspension package.

The fork info is also on the pivot website.
Shame the brakes weren’t upgraded as they’ve taken off the Di2

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
The fork info is also on the pivot website.
Shame the brakes weren’t upgraded as they’ve taken off the Di2

XT brakes are amongst the best I've ridden. Every bit as good as XTR, better in some ways (certainly in price!).

I'm ambivalent about Di2. It came on my Shuttle so I have gotten used to it, though I've destroyed two (relatively expensive) derailleurs. No way I'd even consider AXS. When the next DI2 derailleur takes a dive, I'll be doing back to conventional XT.

The only real upgrades I've done to my Shuttle are a new wheelset (I handbuilt a set with I9 hydra hubs and Whisky carbon rims) and changed out seatpost/bars/saddle (I prefer the simplicity of a non-dropper).

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
How did you destroy the derailleurs? I like the DI2 on mine and don't want to break it.

Rocks and roots. They didn't disintegrate, but in one case it stopped shifting altogether (the heavier spring got knocked completely off and the spring tab got bend) and in the other it stopped shifting to the smallest cog on the cassette (again due to parts getting bent). Stuff happens, but at $250 each it hurts. No f*cking way I'd consider putting SRAM AXS on a mountain bike at $800 per derailleur!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles