Two minds - Canyon Spectral:ON

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Any news on delivery date ?
What size and model did you order I've just been on their website and most are saying Sept

new dispatch date is 13th - 17th aug, it’s a 7.0 in medium, my current bike is a large but putting my measurements into their size calculator came back with a M and when i compared the geo as in standover, stack, reach etc with my large orange five they were almost the same so decided to go with the M.
I got no joy from the online chat so told them i wanted to start the formal complaints procedure so i’m currently exchanging emails with someone in the uk dept. Falling on deaf ears if i’m being honest, the policy seems to be ‘we’re sorry, but the despatch dates are only an estimate’. Oh well, the bike better be worth the wait after the crappy customer service.

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
new dispatch date is 13th - 17th aug, it’s a 7.0 in medium, my current bike is a large but putting my measurements into their size calculator came back with a M and when i compared the geo as in standover, stack, reach etc with my large orange five they were almost the same so decided to go with the M.
I got no joy from the online chat so told them i wanted to start the formal complaints procedure so i’m currently exchanging emails with someone in the uk dept. Falling on deaf ears if i’m being honest, the policy seems to be ‘we’re sorry, but the despatch dates are only an estimate’. Oh well, the bike better be worth the wait after the crappy customer service.
I was going to add my sizes but unfortuantly am a feet and inches type of guy and couldn't be bothered doing the math ?
I don't think you will be disappointed lets just hope it gets here sooner rather than later

cfsmale

Jul 3, 2018
Buckie
Some pictures of today's tour and trail scouting.
View attachment 3437 View attachment 3438 View attachment 3439

I'm super happy with the Spectral:ON! Only thing I'm going to replace are the handlebar grips. And I need to fine adjust the shifting. It's a little cranky, when I shift from 6 to 5 (or 5 to 4 I'm not 100% sure).
Happy with the Shock settings now, but now I need to adjust the pressure of the fork again. A little bit too much now..
I also changed the geometry of the frame a little bit. It's not as slack anymore, but it has a little bit more ground clearance now. I was struggling with a lot of pedal strikes!
Bike looks ace mate, glad to hear you are enjoyong it!

DeanWnchestr

Jul 14, 2018
Germany
Now you've had it ..rode it ...fiddled with it ...was the canyon a good purchase and any info a future buyer might want to think about before buying

I'm incredible happy with the purchase, and would order it again!
The only thing I'm going to change now, is the handlebar width. Either I will shorten it a little bit, or get a new one.

I even drove it in a little rougher terrain now, more rocky and with some small jumps and drops. It handles everything with ease!

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
So a quick update, after a couple of moaning emails back and forth with canyon uk, they couldn’t apologise enough, said it was a logistical problem which has now been overcome (they were struggling to get the frames to the factory from the far east) and as a good will gesture the have removed packaging and shipping costs from my order and given me a personal contact who gives me regular updates.
In fact he has just emailed this morning saying my bike was currently being built up in the factory and was confident of next weeks shipping date.
Fingers crossed.

zite

Jul 26, 2018
Manchester, UK
I'm jealous! it'd be my number one choice but without a finance option for the UK I'm screwed, they put so much thought into a proper EMTB, one day, one day!

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
So a quick update, after a couple of moaning emails back and forth with canyon uk, they couldn’t apologise enough, said it was a logistical problem which has now been overcome (they were struggling to get the frames to the factory from the far east) and as a good will gesture the have removed packaging and shipping costs from my order and given me a personal contact who gives me regular updates.
In fact he has just emailed this morning saying my bike was currently being built up in the factory and was confident of next weeks shipping date.
Fingers crossed.

I don't wish to burst your bubble here, but I have had my 8.0 Large ordered since around the same date as yours, Mine left the factory over 2 weeks ago and I still don't have it, I have been in regular contact with canyon through the live chat and they can not track e-bikes as they are sent with DHL opposed to UPS who their non Ebikes are sent with , They kept telling me don't worry you will have an email from DHL with a delivery date in the next few days. That was over a week ago.

It wouldn't be so bad if they just said "your bike will be delivered on this date", the not knowing and planning potential weekend outings with friends is killing me everytime it doesnt turn up before the weekend. Fingers crossed I get it before this weekend

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I don't wish to burst your bubble here, but I have had my 8.0 Large ordered since around the same date as yours, Mine left the factory over 2 weeks ago and I still don't have it, I have been in regular contact with canyon through the live chat and they can not track e-bikes as they are sent with DHL opposed to UPS who their non Ebikes are sent with , They kept telling me don't worry you will have an email from DHL with a delivery date in the next few days. That was over a week ago.

It wouldn't be so bad if they just said "your bike will be delivered on this date", the not knowing and planning potential weekend outings with friends is killing me everytime it doesnt turn up before the weekend. Fingers crossed I get it before this weekend
They can't track DHL parcels or give you a number to track it yourself? :confused: What a load of rubbish. This is a multi-thousand pound bike weighing more than 20kg in the age of the internet, not being able to track it's delivery is simply ridiculous. I like this bike a lot but based on this and plenty of other threads where Canyon CS is called into question I can't see me making the leap of faith needed to go with them.

Last edited:

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
They can't track DHL parcels or give you a number to track it yourself? :confused: What a load of rubbish. This is a multi-thousand pound bike weighing more than £20kg in the age of the internet, not being able to track it's delivery is simply ridiculous. I like this bike a lot but based on this and plenty of other threads where Canyon CS is called into question I can't see me making the leap of faith needed to go with them.

i know what you mean, i’m on the verge of cancelling, im in the second day of my 5 day shipment window and yet the tracking is still at the order confirmed stage, the uk guys are adamant it’s being built up and takes UP TO 4 days to build, well they’ve had 5 now (7 if you include the weekend) and still i’m none the wiser, the communication between uk and germany is really poor.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
@JetSetDemo Can this sort of thing be tracked?

Also, shockingly bad logistics from Canyon. Such a big company with such poor control on manufacturing and logistics. I can’t quite fathom why they keep getting it so wrong?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
The latest is that they have found a consignment number with basic tracking but it just shows that the bike was checked in by DHL on 6/8/18 so they are passing it over to the "shipping issue department" and I'm to expect a response tomorrow. I will keep this thread informed.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
im in the second day of my 5 day shipment window and yet the tracking is still at the order confirmed stage, the uk guys are adamant it’s being built up and takes UP TO 4 days to build, well they’ve had 5 now (7 if you include the weekend) and still i’m none the wiser, the communication between uk and germany is really poor.
The order tracking from canyon on my bike went through all stages on the last day of my estimated shipping date. It's the actual shipping that's more of a pain.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
The order tracking from canyon on my bike went through all stages on the last day of my estimated shipping date. It's the actual shipping that's more of a pain.

oh well, that gives me a bit of hope, if it hasn’t shipped by friday it’s getting cancelled, i’m not waiting through 2 delays

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Everything ive seen from the Canyon is all very positive, but yes, I do believe there is a waiting list...
No waiting list. They are awaiting frames in different sizes. But mine was in stock. Just poor logistics for E-bikes. I have heard postive things about their non-bike logistics but these are obviously different with the batteries not being allowed on planes. My argument is that they should make customers aware before they purchase the bike and wait a long time wondering where their bike is

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
Just to update. The customer service team got back in contact with me.

"We have heard back from the team in Germany. I can confirm they were waiting for the IMO dangerous goods declaration paperwork which is why your bike was unfortunately held up. These have now been obtained and you will be contacted soon by the courier to arrange delivery"

I responded thanking them for the update but asked for further information as the I have heard the whole "DHL will be in contact with you soon" for the past 2 weeks.

So basically my bike has been sat in the DHL warehouse in Germany waiting for paperwork from Canyon for 2 weeks and wouldn't of changed if I hadn't got a consignment number and chased it myself. Pretty shocking if you ask me.

I'll try not to be too negative in a public forum and will keep you guys informed

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Just to update. The customer service team got back in contact with me.

"We have heard back from the team in Germany. I can confirm they were waiting for the IMO dangerous goods declaration paperwork which is why your bike was unfortunately held up. These have now been obtained and you will be contacted soon by the courier to arrange delivery"

I responded thanking them for the update but asked for further information as the I have heard the whole "DHL will be in contact with you soon" for the past 2 weeks.

So basically my bike has been sat in the DHL warehouse in Germany waiting for paperwork from Canyon for 2 weeks and wouldn't of changed if I hadn't got a consignment number and chased it myself. Pretty shocking if you ask me.

I'll try not to be too negative in a public forum and will keep you guys informed

so basically canyon forgot to send the dangerous goods paperwork over to the shipping company with the bike, let’s hope it’s a one off and they get their act together

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
Mine is still exactly the same. In the DHL warehouse in Koblenz which is the same town as the Canyon factory :confused: I'm putting in a formal complaint but I can't see much changing

Thats really poor. Ive got one on order for WC 24th Sept. Not filled with confidence. Always imagined them being super efficient.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
mines showing shipped from dhl terminal in koblenz on the 17th so hopefully it’s on it’s way, no updates to the tracking in the last 2 days, i’m putting that down to being the weekend and all

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
mines showing shipped from dhl terminal in koblenz on the 17th so hopefully it’s on it’s way, no updates to the tracking in the last 2 days, i’m putting that down to being the weekend and all

Really hope you get a decent update tomorrow mate. My head would be exploding.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Really hope you get a decent update tomorrow mate. My head would be exploding.

i don’t want to tempt fate too much, but once they shipped it from the factory it all seemed to go pretty quick, i’m just hoping it is actually on its way to the uk and not sat in the back of the warehouse waiting for paperwork like clanseys, i’ll be back on the live chat tomorrow should there be no progress in the tracking information as i’m sure it should have arrived in the uk by then.
In my experience if you have ordered one i would be on the online chat every couple of days bugging them for an update as otherwise it seems like they forget all about you.

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
So yours is already ahead of mine then. My shows received at Koblenz on aug 6th as last update. It can take 5 -10 working days to get to the UK once shipped so I wouldn't expect an update to tracking for a little while. If you could keep us informed that would be great (y)

rmh1009

Aug 17, 2018
West Wales
i don’t want to tempt fate too much, but once they shipped it from the factory it all seemed to go pretty quick, i’m just hoping it is actually on its way to the uk and not sat in the back of the warehouse waiting for paperwork like clanseys, i’ll be back on the live chat tomorrow should there be no progress in the tracking information as i’m sure it should have arrived in the uk by then.
In my experience if you have ordered one i would be on the online chat every couple of days bugging them for an update as otherwise it seems like they forget all about you.

Thanks for the tip. Im tempted to cancel and wait for a 2019 Levo but the spec on the 7.0 I've ordered is so good. Cannot believe how much you've both been messed around when your spending a fair bit of cash. My dispatch date of the 24th could mean delivery anytime in October really. (n)(n)(n)

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
So yours is already ahead of mine then. My shows received at Koblenz on aug 6th as last update. It can take 5 -10 working days to get to the UK once shipped so I wouldn't expect an update to tracking for a little while. If you could keep us informed that would be great (y)

of course mate, mine shows received at terminal on 16th, shipped from terminal 17th - that was the last entry.
Online chats told me can take up to 10 working days to get the bike at your address. I said do me a favour mate that’s 2 weeks with weekends to post a bike from germany to the uk, give over. He said it’s actually more like 5 days, 10 is just worst case scenario

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles