Two minds - Canyon Spectral:ON

Tony

May 27, 2018
South coast
Greetings from sunny Worthing!
:unsure: Just wondering whether to take the plunge or not, if I do, I have my eyes on a Canyon Spectral On. Anyone got one of those?

Loving the forum and the vids btw (y)

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Greetings from sunny Worthing!
:unsure: Just wondering whether to take the plunge or not, if I do, I have my eyes on a Canyon Spectral On. Anyone got one of those?

Loving the forum and the vids btw (y)
Hi Tony, welcome to the forum.

I don't think we've seen a single Spectal:On owner here yet. I know that there were some delays. Any owners out there?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Take the plunge - doesn't matter what the bike is, you will have a lot of fun on an e-mtb, for me they are more about opening up new areas and ways to ride, more time spent doing the fun stuff on your bike, and for me at least getting me out more locally on my bike than anything else

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Hi folks, another newbie here, potential spectral on purchaser, my last 2 bikes have both been size large yet when i put my measurements into the canyon size guide it’s telling me i need a medium which i’m a bit wary of. I was hoping a few kind souls might have taken delivery of theirs and would be willing to let a stranger get a leg over....... oooo eeeerrr.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Take the plunge - doesn't matter what the bike is, you will have a lot of fun on an e-mtb, for me they are more about opening up new areas and ways to ride, more time spent doing the fun stuff on your bike, and for me at least getting me out more locally on my bike than anything else

Very much this!

I’m riding more and having way more than I did before I got my ebike. Instead of just slogging round the waymarked trails to the known, and often ridden, good descents I have the range to go looking for interesting stuff elsewhere and still get in the old favourites at the end of the day.

Tony

May 27, 2018
South coast
Yes, R120 and Doomanic, this is what I want from my e bike, to discover new trails and get out more. Just waiting now for the new credit card !

Tony

May 27, 2018
South coast
Hi folks, another newbie here, potential spectral on purchaser, my last 2 bikes have both been size large yet when i put my measurements into the canyon size guide it’s telling me i need a medium which i’m a bit wary of. I was hoping a few kind souls might have taken delivery of theirs and would be willing to let a stranger get a leg over....... oooo eeeerrr.
Yes, me too....most other bikes I'm on the cusp of M and L, so I have a choice, but canyon seem to definitely be a M for me, L too large when looking at the reach and tt. I've ridden a Levo in M and L and both were fine, may need to test some others.

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
a riding buddy had a strive in medium a couple of years back and when i had a go on that it felt way too cramped, also some folk saying the size guide isn’t that accurate - i might just go for the large and keep my fingers crossed.

Ryder

Apr 24, 2018
UK
Hi Tony from another Worthing resident! I have an e-genius purchased from Quest which I love. I believe he is selling his demo 720...might be worth a test ride?

Tony

May 27, 2018
South coast
Hi Tony from another Worthing resident! I have an e-genius purchased from Quest which I love. I believe he is selling his demo 720...might be worth a test ride?
Hello fellow seasider! Thanks for the heads up, how you liking the Scott. Is it your first ebike?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I would really like to see some owners reviews of the Canyon, still never seen one in the wild

Carlos Muralhas

Jun 15, 2018
Portugal
Hello there. With Spectral:ON you just can't go wrong.
The Canyon Spectral:ON is indeed one of the very exciting ebikes of 2018... I liked it so much that despite going for a Merida 900e eBike I ordered the canyon saddle for it and bought a 29" front wheel to put on my Merida. Just checking boxes for stuff I like from Canyon Spectral:ON on my merida eBike :)

DeanWnchestr

Jul 14, 2018
Germany
My Spectral:ON is being build and packaged at the Canyon factory right now! Hopefully the shipping wont take to long, hahah..

Edit: I got the shipping notification 1 hour ago :D

Last edited:

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
Canyon just called me: day of delivery is on Tuesday ?

bloody hell thats fast work, i ordered mine about 3 weeks ago with a delivery date between 23rd and 27th july yet when i check the tracking the status is still on confirmed - they need to get their fingers out !!

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
bloody hell thats fast work, i ordered mine about 3 weeks ago with a delivery date between 23rd and 27th july yet when i check the tracking the status is still on confirmed - they need to get their fingers out !!
...maybe it's because of country origin I think he's in Germany

DeanWnchestr

Jul 14, 2018
Germany
Yes I'm in Germany! But I also ordered a size L and Green Glow color. That was the only size, which was available right away. All others for the Spectral:ON 8.0 are "scheduled" for September. XS and S for Stealth Black are sold out!! Size S for Green Glow is sold out as well..

I will create a new Thread on arrival, and deliver lots of pictures :)

Last edited:

dwr budr

May 29, 2018
UK
mine should leave the factory either today, tomorrow or the day after that bit the tracking is still only showing as confirmed so i’m not holding my breath !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles