Levo SL Gen 1 Turbo Levo vs Levo SL

L’ex

Oct 13, 2021
Italy
Hi all,
in this days I’m really thinking a lot what ebike it’s the better for me.
I can’t decide me! I have a Levo SL and I really have fun with this ebike.
The problem is
When I ride alone it’s perfect when I’m with my friends I’m sooooo close near the ko!
I ride alone for the 50% of my time and now I’m thinking about levo gen3…
What should I have to do?
thanksssssssss

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
Had my Alloy gen3 levo just over week after getting it wrapped, it’s different from my gen1 levo that is for sure and is taking some adapting too, nothing that can’t be done...but having got used to Big Betty/Magic Mary changing to big tyres, then getting used to a mullet straight forward it ain’t....is it any good?? Oh blimey yes...and it’s quick, my other half is already moaning like mad cuz her Cube Action spends most of its life in turbo chasing it.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Hi all,
in this days I’m really thinking a lot what ebike it’s the better for me.
I can’t decide me! I have a Levo SL and I really have fun with this ebike.
The problem is
When I ride alone it’s perfect when I’m with my friends I’m sooooo close near the ko!
I ride alone for the 50% of my time and now I’m thinking about levo gen3…
What should I have to do?
thanksssssssss
So 50% of your rides you have a perfect bike for that. And you get good training and your physics is going up. Not bad.
For that another 50%, maybe change your riding buddies :) or wait for a while and you're physically better than them.

Or wait until Specialized releases a new version of SL. If that’s not enough for you, then switch to a more efficient model.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Get comfortable with riding alone in a group - 100% of the time it's perfect?

If they whinge about waiting , find a decent down hill then whinge at the bottom? Or disable their speed sensor.....

L’ex

Oct 13, 2021
Italy
You are all right… i’m thinking to take a gen3 must because mi SL Comp with a range Extender it’s almost 22kg of ebike….and i suppose that the feeling of two ebike are similar…..

PCRover

Jul 18, 2021
NorCal, USA
I can feel the difference in weight, but it is not enough to really change my personal riding style. If you are a rider who is very active and pops off everything in sight, you will definitely notice the additional weight.

PCRover

Jul 18, 2021
NorCal, USA
It just takes a bit more effort to get the heavier bike off the ground for a bunny hop. When riding Bike Park style jumps just doesn't matter.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Get a Rise best of both
So far Orbea does not have suspension comparable to Levo/Levo SL IMO. Rise feels a good bit shorter on rear travel even though on paper only 10mm difference. Mulleted Rise with long shock, then you're talking apples to apples. Have not tried a mullted longer travel Rise but would like to.

SDP

Dec 21, 2020
??
Hey, a great Q and one I pondered long and hard before I eventually purchased my Kenevo SL.

I tried every top end ebike (Levo3 had just been intro’s, and personally don’t like the bulbous bb) going and had a Santa Cruz Bullit on order, as it looked great and felt less cumbersome when riding vs other brands. Then the delays struck, and I waited an extra 6 months before I cancelled my order.

So bought the new released Kenevo SL and have not looked back.

BUT and it’s a big but. If you’re reasonable fit and want to stay that way, an SL definitely gives you a bigger work out. I love being Eco warrior but also having Trail and Turbo when I need it, trying beat some Strava PB or generally tired in my way home.

Mon a FB e I find, Eco setting (in standard form) simply too much for everyday riding and doesn’t give you a proper work out. Yes sure, great for when riding with your mates, but that’s only 50% of the time.

if it was me. I’d stick with Levo SL, but the extra extended battery giving you 50% greater range and simply relish in riding 50% solo and then crank it to Trail/Turbo with your buddies.

In doing so ou’ll be far fitter than them having had your SL time, and still get the fun mates time too.

Then as mentioned above, perhaps see what Specialized have in store for the upgraded SL probably announced this Sept.

i’m riding 70% solo riding btw. That’s only down to 3 of us being disorganised on riding slots.

Will they up the power of the 1:1 ?
Has Orbea got the better po/weight balance!?

#mateshaveSCHeckler
#mateshaveLevoSL
#KenevoSLSWorksdreammachine
#eyewateringlyexpensive
#specializedbestintegration
#bestbuildquality
#noreliablilityissues

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
So far Orbea does not have suspension comparable to Levo/Levo SL IMO. Rise feels a good bit shorter on rear travel even though on paper only 10mm difference. Mulleted Rise with long shock, then you're talking apples to apples. Have not tried a mullted longer travel Rise but would like to.
I own the Rise & so far have not felt the rear is too little travel, I am however running a TTX coil & 160mm up front! Only had carpark test on SL but the Rise is way more modern geometry & very capable bike, 80% of bikes I have owned have always had more travel at front than rear, many Transitions & Ibis

Calsun

May 17, 2021
Monterey CA
One advantage of the Turbo SL bikes is the available Range Extender battery that goes into a water bottle cage and provides an additional 160 Wh of power. The bikes can be set to pull power first from the frame battery pack or from the range extender one. Weight is 2 lbs 5 ounces for the range extender.

I like that I can pull first from the RE and then take only it inside to recharge and leave the bike in the shed or on the bike rack.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles