Turbo Levo is the fastest - Specialized Ebike shootout ! According to MBR.

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
I knew Rob fixed the result on his South Africa head to head. No way the full Levo was that much slower!

2CBF20D3-BAAA-4C09-9008-1A2B1FD5E9C1.png

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
Having ridden both bikes in the Surrey Hills and using Barry knows best as a test trail I come to the same conclusion the full Levo is faster.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I knew Rob fixed the result on his South Africa head to head. No way the full Levo was that much slower!

View attachment 28135
Seems to me you could come out with pretty much any order you like by simply choosing different types of trail - as a result I'm not sure there is any value in a comparison like this tbh. Far more important is how the bike feels to you, and how much confidence that gives you o ride it to the maximum of your abilities (lets be honest, for most of us the bikes are way more capable than we are as riders).

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I watched that vid and thought feck they are struggling for content!
Yep, you can see it all over the 'Tube at the moment - how many vids on the merits of Zwift can we stomach?! ;) In 6 months if we are not out the other side of this then new content on TV will also start to dry up - get ready for more Dad's Army and Steptoe and Son coming your way soon...

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I actually quite like MBR's content, and if you ride Surrey Hills a lot you will quite often bump into the guys, who from my interactions with them are all good blokes. Difficult times for putting out content, but I think more VLOG/Pod cast style stuff is way forward at the moment

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
EMBN are putting out a video of Chris bouncing on planks around his backyard - and I’d probably watch it, better than counting kitchen tiles ?

losgatosgtr

Feb 7, 2020
Los Gatos, California
Speed difference between full fat Levo versus the Levo Sl is completely trail dependant. I didn't see any flat or rolling sections of trail in their test where the SL could shine nor was there any fast technical downhill sections where the Kenevo would shine.

If the trail has any substantial length of flat or rolling sections of trail, where you can pedal the SL faster than the motor cut off (20 MPH in the USA), the SL pedals faster and with much less effort than the Levo/Kenevo due to the new motor in the SL having very low drag and complete motor decoupling.

Of course the final speed of the SL would depend on your ability (fitness level) to pedal the bike faster than the motor cut off.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
Very true I rode a local trail yesterday which is pedally, got over 18 mph in a couple of places the Levo and Kenevo would definitely have been slower.

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
You get offered a choice of 2 levos ,both free,but you can only pick one.

Erm ,I think I'll have the SL please.
Ok But you do know it's o.ooo1mph slower in certain tests.
That's disappointing but I think I'll be ok thanks ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles