Turbo Levo Comp worth the extra £1K?

Dan fagelson

May 2, 2019
Chelmsford
I had two mates buy both... 1 Bought the lower spec ( At £3600 deal)and upgraded, dropped, forks, bars and brakes. Other bought the 5k for deal at £4500. I think the 3600 mate spent 1k on the upgrades, not sure if he`s sold the old parts yet.. As above, people have upgraded and that`s the best bet to get a nice personal custom spec....Only thing I would say is that I would never use Sram brakes, I would choose Saints.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
I had two mates buy both... 1 Bought the lower spec ( At £3600 deal)and upgraded, dropped, forks, bars and brakes. Other bought the 5k for deal at £4500. I think the 3600 mate spent 1k on the upgrades, not sure if he`s sold the old parts yet.. As above, people have upgraded and that`s the best bet to get a nice personal custom spec....Only thing I would say is that I would never use Sram brakes, I would choose Saints.

I think the Sram brakes on my comp are superb :)

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
You did very well to get £275 for the Sektors!

So the cost was £4824 + the base bike (£4k RRP) so you paid £8824 less whatever discount you got on the bike RRP?
Pretty much, but that's nearly 3k worth of wheels. Bottom line is, it's cheaper to buy and upgrade, if you don't mind the faff. If you have extra money to burn or are lazy, go up a model. Simples.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I tried Sram brakes for the first time at the weekend. The Code RSCs were nice; progressive and powerful, but the Code Rs were lacking in performance and certainly less powerful than the Deore 4-pots on my bike.

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
I was originally about to press the button on a 2018 Levo but found out today that they are now fully sold out (at least in the places I have tried calling). So it looks like I'll have to get myself a 2019 model :)

I really had been thinking of getting a Comp model, but this thread has made me think.... I know the forks on the base model aren't great, but they are MUCH MUCH better than the Suntours on the womens Levo HT that we purchased a few weeks ago (they really are awful) that I was looking to replace.

What I am thinking is that I might buy myself the base model, add a dropper post and upgrade the forks, I can fit the forks from the base model into the other halfs HT - effectively getting two upgrades for the price of one :)

Just have to find stock of the base model at a good price now!

C2VNY

May 25, 2019
Glasgow
I was originally about to press the button on a 2018 Levo but found out today that they are now fully sold out (at least in the places I have tried calling). So it looks like I'll have to get myself a 2019 model :)

I really had been thinking of getting a Comp model, but this thread has made me think.... I know the forks on the base model aren't great, but they are MUCH MUCH better than the Suntours on the womens Levo HT that we purchased a few weeks ago (they really are awful) that I was looking to replace.

What I am thinking is that I might buy myself the base model, add a dropper post and upgrade the forks, I can fit the forks from the base model into the other halfs HT - effectively getting two upgrades for the price of one :)

Just have to find stock of the base model at a good price now!

Can't agree more regarding the Suntours? My plan is to upgrade mine and use the revolution on hers, she said she's not falling for it though??

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I have been testing the base Levo for three days and I don’t think the fork is that bad. The base 2018 29” had a terrible fork.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
How fit for purpose the front fork is on the base Levo is really as much about and how and what you ride - if all you are doing is cruising around and taking it easy, its fine, if you are ripping round BPW and hucking off stuff then its not.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I have both built my own 29” on a chiner frame and built up a Trek Top fuel from 9.7 to 9.9 so I will most likely buy me a FSR too. They are on sale now, 3999€ for the base model, down from 4999€, probably new model coming soon.

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
So about to switch brands.

Got the comp for almost the same price as the base model. Lands in about 2 or so weeks.

Purchased the 700w battery outright

Hopefully I will be a happy camper.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
@StevenM in which country? Here they are mostly sold out. In germany the prices are even higher. The kenevo comp is on sale there, same price as levo FSR but I would like the new engine and bigger battery, ie 500w instead of 700w.

Kave

Dec 9, 2018
Sweden
I just got me one base model , 1000€ off the list price 4995€, payed 3999€.
Now looking for a better fork

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Is the €1k off €3999 or is €3999 the price after discount?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles