Turbo Levo 2020 rattling front wheel

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
I purchased a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp and straight away I noticed the front wheel was rattling.
The noise appears to be coming from the spacers rattling (pictured below)
Anyone know what to do about this ? Could this cause damage if continued to be ridden ?

Rattling.jpg

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
I purchased a 2020 Turbo Levo Comp and straight away I noticed the front wheel was rattling.
The noise appears to be coming from the spacers rattling (pictured below)
Anyone know what to do about this ? Could this cause damage if continued to be ridden ?

View attachment 32073
My 2019 Comp is the same for a year now. Seems normal by design and haven’t noticed any ill effects. The rattling part appears to be a dust cover, not a spacer. Have you checked the axle for tightness to rule that out? My friends Expert with a Roval hub doesn’t have that rattling part.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I also had this rattle once, but then take off the wheels and put them back on, never rattled again ... Also little bit of grease on torque caps should help to stop rattling ...

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Have you checked the axle for tightness to rule that out?
I've checked the maxle is tightened to 10 NM. The wheel was much tighter than this when it arrived from the Bike Shop.
Tried taking them off and putting them back on.
I've not tried greasing yet - This is to be tried next.
If the rattling carries on I'm thinking of using the front wheel off my Stumpjumper FSR Comp 2017 (Same size wheel & same through axle size) as a short term fix but I think it's a lighter and less durable version of the same Roval Traverse so may not be up to it for E Biking with all the weight it has to withstand.

The front wheel according to the specs says:
Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 28h
What does the 28h mean ?

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
I've put a 0-ring on them ... over the tip and sits on the little gap ... this seems to have stopped the rattle

TonyBalony

Jul 1, 2020
Netherlands
Removed them today. This is a design fault and can never be noise free in the original design.
Removal can do no harm because dirt could even come in with them in place. And now, it is possible to clean there as well. Plus, there are no exposed parts of course so no risk.

I suppose if you do not have the rattle, your LBS did not place them during first assembly: good on him/her!

DallanW

Aug 28, 2021
Santa Monica
Does it sound like a rock is inside something hollow in the front wheel? I have an intermittent loud rattle that started today with that sound. Front wheel 2021 Turbo Levo Comp. 200 miles on it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles