Turbo Levo - Öhlins coil shock?

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
Hi all
I am really thinking of fitting a ohlins coil shock to my 2018 carbon levo to make a improvement over the stock shock.
What I am after is if anyone has already done this what do I need and a rough idea of costs.
Any help would be much appreciated
20180518_134458.jpg

Beanieuk

Mar 31, 2018
Hertfordshire
Why Öhlins specifically? With BikeYoke linkage adapter you can fit any 190x50 mm shock, coil or air (assuming no piggypack clearance issues), to your bike. I have Cane Creek’s DB inline coil on mine.
I am open to any ideas so will take a look at the Cane Creek

Trailjunkie

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2018
USA
Hey guys, just talked to a guy at ohlins and he recommended a 548 or 571 spring. After telling him I mostly ride tame trails but do venture to more downhill jump lines and techy terrain he said get the 571 the charts above are they for a standard mountain bike which could be misleading. Guess he was factoring my rider weight of 182 with the 47lb ebike

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
View attachment 5926

a TTX 22m fits straight in, nothing extra needed

Hi - I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the upgrade now you’ve had it a few months. I’m looking to upgrade my ‘18 s-works and would like to know the differences in Ride and performance between the standard?

jwrx

Jul 22, 2018
Malaysia
Hi - I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the upgrade now you’ve had it a few months. I’m looking to upgrade my ‘18 s-works and would like to know the differences I. Ride and performance between the standard?

The stock shock on the sworks was horrendous, harsh and forever bottoming out. The coil fixed all that, in fact, i dont think i can ever go back to a air shock after riding the last few months on the ttx.

My group has 4 levos, all upgraded to the ttx, and the one thing that suprised all of us was the difference the coil made to going UPHILL. We ride alot of technical uphills with roots/rocks/off camber shit...with the coil, the levo could put the power down much better, somehow the coil plants/squats down the rear wheel, making it much easier to power over roots blocking an uphil section

best bang for buck mod for the levo imo. Our group got it FOC, part of a bulk buy deal we nego with the Lbs

my advice if you plan to fit it...try to discuss with your lbs on the possibility of trying diffrent springs before you settle on one. We had a understanding lbs..i tried 3 diffrent springs before sellting on one that was above my actual weight....while my frens preferred plusher springs. If you cant do this..stick with the ohlins recommended spring rate for ebike

Keith

Oct 6, 2020
Ontario, Canada
View attachment 5926

a TTX 22m fits straight in, nothing extra needed
Hi There,

Is that the Ohlins SBC-1885 or the SBC-1775? I have a 2018 Levo FSR Comp that desperately needs a shock upgrade. The Ohlins website say they both fit but the 1775 seems much closer to stock (197x48mm). If the 1885 one did fit I think that would give the bike 197mm of rear travel.

Thanks,

Keith

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles