Turbo Connect Display

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Honestly, it looks like a 10 year old sigma bicycle computer and by reading the specs it has nearly no features apart from showing bike status. Why not buy a Garmin Edge 520 for a little more(on sale right now) and get exactly the same features + a bunch of more usable functions, Map and routing for example.

Karsten

MattyB

Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
Or alternatively... ;):ROFLMAO:

F4BE9E9B-8496-4249-B097-127833D7036B.jpeg

Last edited:

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Thanks for the feedback, I particularly like the gameboy! I was also checking out Wahoo things, GPS & Smartphone Compatible Bike Computers | Wahoo Fitness
Wahoo is also making good stuff but the reason why I recommend Garmin 520 is that it integrates with 3. Party app developers (IQ apps) and one of our fellow members here have made a beautiful integration where you will get your battery level + mode displayed directly. I’m not sure you can do that with a Wahoo.

Karsten

Rick

Aug 10, 2018
Italy
interesting, whats the app called? I found many apps for the Garmin.

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I do have the Garmin Fenix 3 HR connected via the fake-channel and can see the battery power and the riders watts which is fine. BUT - since i have to use the fake-channel (cadence) to see the battery power, the cadence shown in the Garmin Connect app is - of course - not my real cadence and i'm not exactly sure if garmin doesn't include this wrong fake-cadence into it's calculations of my burnt calories, etc..
Don't know how other devices do calculate their stuff, but this could be a reason to use devices that don't need the fake-channel.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I do have the Garmin Fenix 3 HR connected via the fake-channel and can see the battery power and the riders watts which is fine. BUT - since i have to use the fake-channel (cadence) to see the battery power, the cadence shown in the Garmin Connect app is - of course - not my real cadence and i'm not exactly sure if garmin doesn't include this wrong fake-cadence into it's calculations of my burnt calories, etc..
Don't know how other devices do calculate their stuff, but this could be a reason to use devices that don't need the fake-channel.

What is even worse with the fake channel is the fact that on the Levo/Kenevo you will not only receive the battery level then but also the speed. For some odd reason speed and battery level are paired via fake channel and now you cannot set your wheel circumference in mission control rendering that fake channel useless for most riders. Again that huge software development branch that claims that mission control are based on feed back from actual riders, have managed to screw up a potentially good feature by turning off their brains.

Karsten

PetarHolland

Oct 1, 2018
Cortona, Italy
I bought a Wahoo Element bolt, and i hope the integration process will happens soon!

So, the only way now to see the battery level on my wahoo display is to pair it with the fake channel from mission control app?

Can i pull just the battery level or i can pull more statistic, like the cadence, ecc?

Primozzz

Oct 12, 2018
Slovenia
Wahoo is also making good stuff but the reason why I recommend Garmin 520 is that it integrates with 3. Party app developers (IQ apps) and one of our fellow members here have made a beautiful integration where you will get your battery level + mode displayed directly. I’m not sure you can do that with a Wahoo.

Karsten
Hi, do you maybe know if Garmin edge 130 has also "ebike field"?

Emilian

Nov 5, 2018
bulgaria
The Turbo Connect Display does not display the correct distance. For example, Garmin and Mission Control show 15 km, but TCD - 20 km. The TDC always shows more kilometers than the real ones. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
The Turbo Connect Display does not display the correct distance. For example, Garmin and Mission Control show 15 km, but TCD - 20 km. The TDC always shows more kilometers than the real ones. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

I just bought mine and both distance and power are completely incorrect. I set up metric units, but distance is wrong (in a ride of approx 15km is showing 70!!!). The power is showing random numbers...from 0 when pedals are not touched to 9999. Very strange because cadence is correct, and also speed...someone can help?

Drburns

Nov 22, 2018
USA
I just bought mine and both distance and power are completely incorrect. I set up metric units, but distance is wrong (in a ride of approx 15km is showing 70!!!). The power is showing random numbers...from 0 when pedals are not touched to 9999. Very strange because cadence is correct, and also speed...someone can help?

I have the same exact issue with mine. My bike shop is reaching out to Specialized to see how to fix it.

Harmialized

Oct 15, 2018
Netherlands
All that need to be done is updating your current bike towrads the latest FW. I had the same issues and after update all is shown correct on display. The top tube display is the one that need to receive the update after this all is fine.

Emilian

Nov 5, 2018
bulgaria
All that need to be done is updating your current bike towrads the latest FW. I had the same issues and after update all is shown correct on display. The top tube display is the one that need to receive the update after this all is fine.

Would you tell me who the last FW is?! For me, the FW of the battery is 10.23.1 and the engine 5.0.4. Distance and some other parameters reported by the TCD are wrong. The bicycle is 2018 Turbo levo fsr comp.
thanks.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Would you tell me who the last FW is?! For me, the FW of the battery is 10.23.1 and the engine 5.0.4. Distance and some other parameters reported by the TCD are wrong. The bicycle is 2018 Turbo levo fsr comp.
thanks.
You do have the latest FW versions on that 2018 Levo, the 2019 model is quite different especially with the TCU in the loop.

Karsten

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone

You mean the TCU? Which version is the latest?

Emilian

Nov 5, 2018
bulgaria
You do have the latest FW versions on that 2018 Levo, the 2019 model is quite different especially with the TCU in the loop.

Karsten
Thanks for replying Кarsten, I know this is the latest software. I am simply looking for a solution to the TCD problem.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles