Tubeless setup for beginners

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
As I know absolutely nothing about going tubeless, I found this video really interesting and may even give it a go at some point..

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
Don’t be affraid, providing you have all the right stuff it’s easy. Assuming your existing tyres / rims are good to go you might want to consider a tubeless kit, if it’s your first time?; rim tape, vales, sealant etc. There’s loads of good advice on other posts, just search tubeless.

good luck!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Yes I found that video rather more inspiring than previous examples. I am waiting for availability of E Wilds in 29x2.6 before changing out my tyres and will be putting them on tubeless. Interesting in this video he did not even need to use anything other than a standard floor pump.....the air tanks are otherwise another cost of going tubeless.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Of all the gadgets I’ve bought for my bike this bike pump is my favourite (maybe because it’s an E-pump)
Great for popping on tyres. I just set the display to 30psi and press a button. After a couple of loud bangs the tyre pops on perfectly. Lithium ion rechargeable and also works off a 12 supply

8C2600EA-CAFC-4FAA-92DC-93DF75B6AF8D.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
............. Interesting in this video he did not even need to use anything other than a standard floor pump.....the air tanks are otherwise another cost of going tubeless.

With a proper UST tubeless tyre on proper tubeless rims and with the tyre already installed and run in over several weeks, then I have reinstalled it with a hand-powered mini-pump.

OK, that was with one side still engaged and only one side to be seated. But I was out on a ride and desperate, a mini-pump was all I had. I sure wouldn't like to repeat the exercise. (And exercise it was!)

An Airshot is the BEST bit of kit ever for tyre inflation!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles