Tubeless Question +

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
Hi,

Yesterday my shiny new Trance e+2 pro 2020 arrived. When i bought it the description actually said Tubeless tyres but as I thought it meant just tubeless ready tyres.

Anyone with a trance can tell me if the wheel are pretaped or not? Seriously considering going tubeless for the first time and wondering if I have to buy some rimtape or can I make do with what(if any) it comes with?

Another question for trance owners did you find the Praxxis cranks that come with the e+2 to be a bit weak? As in they seem to flex quite a bit when im used to solid stiff crank arms.

Thanks

LAWHITEY

Apr 29, 2020
UK
I asked the same thing a few weeks ago in the Vitus section, i think the general consensus is, if it says its tubeless ready and your bike came with the tubeless valves in a separate bag with all the gunf that comes with a new bike then, its tubeless ready all you should need is the sealant. Or as someone told me to do take a wheel off and remove the tyre to check

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
All Trance E+ are sold with inner tubes inside the tyres and a set of 2 valves and 2 bottles of sealant to turn then into tubeless.

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
All Trance E+ are sold with inner tubes inside the tyres and a set of 2 valves and 2 bottles of sealant to turn then into tubeless.

Yes I know I just got mine. I need to know if the tyres are already taped and how good that tape is just to order before I mess about with taking the tyre off etc.

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
That's nice. I had to drive to another town to buy valves that were compatible with my "tubeless ready" WTB wheels.

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
Yeah they're not the best, I ended up bending mine and replacing with raceface crank arms which are much better

Think ill have to do the same, not a fan of the flex. Went on my first proper ride yday and on quick turning sections noticed the flex when moving my weight to each pedal etc.

Going to be attempting tubeless tonight. First time ive ever done it on any bike so will be interesting lol.

Wootism

Jun 1, 2020
Trails
Yes I know I just got mine. I need to know if the tyres are already taped and how good that tape is just to order before I mess about with taking the tyre off etc.
Yup, they’re very descent pre-taped! You will see when you removed the tires (which is quite difficult the first time).

Made my tires tubeless a couple of days ago.

Tubeless ready doesn’t necessary mean it’s taped. The ‘tubeless ready’ rims on my Fathom E+ weren’t taped.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles