Fuel EXe TREK's new lightweight trail ebike

wagonrd

Dec 22, 2020
Roseville, CA
I have Trek's e-caliber 9.6 and can ride moderate single track trails. The "green light" boost setting works best for me, with an occasional click up to purple and orange; but I have to be spinning fast for these upper boost settings to kick in. I've "upgraded' the fork to a Rockshox SID select with 120mm travel, and carbon wheelset with 33mm internal width with 2.6" tires. The bike weighs 40#, and only 34.5# with the battery removed. In that sense it's a dual purpose bike in that I can remove the battery, install the carbon shell stiffner, and have a pure pedal bike. Today I rode 20 miles (with battery) and still had 4 out of 5 green lights showing. It's the perfect e-bike for me: when I tackle technical trails I take my Trek Remedy 8.

addthebadd

Sep 7, 2022
Wales, UK
Although I think I read that the extender feeds the main battery, so I think you have to have the main battery in there to run the extender.
I now this is a late response but I'm new and just reading through the threads. My understanding is that you can run the bike with any battery configuration, no battery, just the main battery, just the range extender, or with both the main and extender.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I now this is a late response but I'm new and just reading through the threads. My understanding is that you can run the bike with any battery configuration, no battery, just the main battery, just the range extender, or with both the main and extender.

This is 100% correct. Trek use it as a sales pitch to say you can remove the main battery and fly with just the extender if you want to travel with your EX-E

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles