Trek Rail Paint Issues

Phantomx0_1

Feb 22, 2021
Berkshire
Well I've had a result Trek have honoured the warranty and are replacing the chain and seat stays damaged buy the DOT fluid. They have also sent me a new rear rim that I've managed to put a flat spot into.

They are also paying my local bike shop to do the work so I don't have to travel 3 hrs to Blazing Bikes.

On top of that Invisiframe are replacing the bits I need for the new frame bits. Again top service.

Chuffed.

Manicm

Apr 23, 2020
Birmingham
I’ve noticed my rail 7 picks up scratches just by looking at it, possibly the worst paint finish I’ve had on a bike, but probably my own fault I really should of got it taped up to look after it. I didn’t think as none of my previous bikes have had any issues.

Some of the marks are from the bike carrier but they haven’t marked any other bike. It looks like when I had an off my cleats possibly caught it.

Guess will have to live with It and learn for the next bike.

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
Don’t know what’s going on with the correct paint department. Bren bought a new track a year and a half ago and my bike rack started rubbing it down to the aluminum almost instantly. Same rack used with my older trip and other bikes never had any issues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles