Trek rail 9.7 vs cube stereo hybrid hpc 140/160

Deano17

Dec 1, 2019
Hull
Hi all, so after nearly a year of humming and arring I'm looking at finally buying and ebike. I'm 6ft 2inch and 120kg, the bikes I've seen and liked are the trek rail 9.7 and the cube stereo hybrid hpc tm or action team in a 140 or 160.
My riding is abit of everything like single track, Forrest and bike parks. So I'm after any info on pros and cons on the 2 bikes please.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
All are excellent bikes. I think the Cubes are a bit better spec'd for the money but the Rail is much better looking.

You'd be happy on any of them. Until you have to look at the Cube... :ROFLMAO:

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Looks are subjective though... saying that, I didn't really like the Trek initially but it has grown on me, especially the raw carbon/volt colour scheme. The Cube looks better in photos as it seems too chunky in the flesh.

I'd rather have the Whyte though, I think... :unsure:

Deano17

Dec 1, 2019
Hull
All are excellent bikes. I think the Cubes are a bit better spec'd for the money but the Rail is much better looking.

You'd be happy on any of them. Until you have to look at the Cube... :ROFLMAO:
?? to be fair I really like the look of the top level cube! Thanks for your reply!
Its the ride difference I'm wondering about and if I went cube would the 160 be overkill....
Looks are subjective though... saying that, I didn't really like the Trek initially but it has grown on me, especially the raw carbon/volt colour scheme. The Cube looks better in photos as it seems too chunky in the flesh.

I'd rather have the Whyte though, I think... :unsure:

NO...please dont throw another bike in the mix my head will fry! ??

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
?? to be fair I really like the look of the top level cube! Thanks for your reply!
Its the ride difference I'm wondering about and if I went cube would the 160 be overkill....

NO...please dont throw another bike in the mix my head will fry! ??

Have you thought about the Focus Jam2... or the Orbea... ;):D

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Looks are subjective though...
Absolutely. I really like the Trek in Red (like mine) or fluorescent orange (the colour I would have bought if I was a dentist). I just don't like the Quasimodo top tube on the Cube (and Haibikes).

The Whyte is an excellent bike, especially the e180, but the side on view isn't the best. I know they have done it to keep the weight low and it does ride really well, but it's a bit of an ugly bugger as a consequence of engineering trumping aesthetics.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Absolutely. I really like the Trek in Red (like mine) or fluorescent orange (the colour I would have bought if I was a dentist). I just don't like the Quasimodo top tube on the Cube (and Haibikes).

The Whyte is an excellent bike, especially the e180, but the side on view isn't the best. I know they have done it to keep the weight low and it does ride really well, but it's a bit of an ugly bugger as a consequence of engineering trumping aesthetics.

I wouldn't call it ugly but it does look a bit chunky around the motor area, looks kind of similar to the 2018 Levo, although when looking at it in a shop it looked really nice but I wasn't really looking at it from a side on view that you see in photos...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles