Trek rail 625wh Battery range

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Hi guys,
With those of you that are riding the Trek rail with the 625wh battery, what average mileage are you getting with just leaving it in EMTB mode?
I know there are a lot of factors, but just to see some numbers.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Haven't flattened it yet and I've mostly been doing winch and plummet.
Average is 15 miles and 2600ft per ride. Mostly EMTB with a bit of Turbo thrown in at the end on the higher rides to compensate for fucked knees. Always finished with 2 bars so far.
Fat bloke, not hanging around on the climbs.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I can eek my one out to about 32 miles using lots of eco and tour, but I don't really want to use it like that.
I love EMTB it makes the bike real fun.
However I also do a lot of 30 mile plus rides, spare battery May be on the cards.

Davidwylie

Feb 7, 2020
Leicestershire
Hi guys,
With those of you that are riding the Trek rail with the 625wh battery, what average mileage are you getting with just leaving it in EMTB mode?
I know there are a lot of factors, but just to see some numbers.

So far I have done a couple of rides on mine, 20 & 25 miles, both mainly emtb some hilly sections and alot of mud. 2 bars left both times.. On my other bike, Bosch gen 3 motor with 500kwh battery I have completed a 37 mile off road charity challenge that works out around 37 miles, a lot of big climbs and still had power to ride back to the carpark. So I recon the 626 will easily do that and more.

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Only rode mine 5 times, but was always in eMTB mode expect for a few mins in Eco.
Seemed to get about 15-20 miles out of it with approx 900-1200m climb, and returning to the car with ~10% remaining.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I can eek my one out to about 32 miles using lots of eco and tour, but I don't really want to use it like that.
I love EMTB it makes the bike real fun.
However I also do a lot of 30 mile plus rides, spare battery May be on the cards.
How much climbing on those rides?

I managed 28.5 miles and 2800ft on the old Powerfly when riding with a clockwork club, so almost entirely Eco mode until my knees gave out. Much slower climbing pace than when I'm out with the eebs. Still had 8 miles range remaining in Eco according to the display.
You're a lot lighter than me, so if you can't beat that there's something very wrong... :ROFLMAO:

Cliffo691

Nov 20, 2019
United Kingdom
I did 31 miles with only around 1500 ft of climbs so not massive. I weigh 15 stone had it mainly in eco with some tour and s little turbo thrown in at the end when my legs and arse where feeling a little worse for wear.. still had two bars left on my gauge.

Paul Mac

Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
It seems the bikes are quite capable of relatively big mileage, however to get that you have to plod around in eco.
My ideal would be 35 miles all in EMTB with 4000 feet climbing. ?

zaykay

Dec 3, 2019
Finland
My longest ride with eco only (few uphills on tour) has been 62km (39miles). We don’t have a lot of elevation here, but that was in rather sloppy cold conditions. I guess in my riding I could pass 70k’s in summer conditions on easy trails.

Like a Boss

Feb 25, 2020
USA
I don’t have a Trek Rail, but I’m trying to negotiate one. How does an extra battery work? I understand that a key unlocks the RIB, and the battery comes out. If I want to buy another battery, is the cover included, or does that just transfer over to another battery? Does anyone know what the batteries weigh? The 625 and the 500? I wonder how much weight it would add to a backpack.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
The cover isn't included, although you may be able to do a deal with the dealer.
Trailside swaps won't be easy; it's either going to be very long and awkward with the cover or a faff if you don't have the cover as you'll need to unscrew it to swap batteries.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
21.5 miles and 3400 feet this weekend all in EMTB with a fat bloke on board. Not hanging about, either.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
i get exactly 2 weeks of commuting with my Cube SL625 battery, it's all tarmac and the distance is 80miles (actually 39.8 miles per week). I have 7% left come friday on the second week. I weigh 15 stone

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
26 miles, 1600ft climbing (over half in a single climb!), in Tour/EMTB. 2 bars used. Lots of tarmac though.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I thought id try and conserve battery quite a bit the other week and managed 30.67 miles, 4125ft with 2 bars left

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I don’t have a Trek Rail, but I’m trying to negotiate one. How does an extra battery work? I understand that a key unlocks the RIB, and the battery comes out. If I want to buy another battery, is the cover included, or does that just transfer over to another battery? Does anyone know what the batteries weigh? The 625 and the 500? I wonder how much weight it would add to a backpack.
Batteries are HEAVY, not to mention expensive. Just how far to you plan on going? If there's a power outlet anywhere on your ride you just take a break and add a little juice. I have a bike with a Shimano system and 504 watt battery, and my energy will run out before that does!

Reactions: MsO

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
Just done 21 miles on my Whyte with 2 out of 5 bars used.
I hadn't used a bar until around 15 miles as it was mainly downhill and generally in eco mode. Swapped to Emtb when it got steeper, some good battery draining climbs on the way home so I'm impressed with the use.

Gazman233

Apr 4, 2020
Shropshire um
The cover isn't included, although you may be able to do a deal with the dealer.
Trailside swaps won't be easy; it's either going to be very long and awkward with the cover or a faff if you don't have the cover as you'll need to unscrew it to swap batteries.
I can confirm it would be a massive faff trackside because it was on a bench in a shop with all the right tools !

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
20.9 miles, 1900ft of climbing and it dropped to 3 bars just as I got home, so a knat’s over 20% used. Mostly tarmac miles, but the majority of the climbs were off road. Mostly EMTB, with a bit of Tour and a mile of Eco after the first 600ft bridleway climb.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
18.8miles, 1861ft, EMTB, mostly tarmac, 1 bar used.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles