Transporting bike complete Inside car

Funky Bolly

Nov 10, 2018
Newport wales
I transport my Kenevo in the back of my mk7 Golf 2door yes you’ve gotta take wheels off and push front seat forward . The best advice I would give is get any type of washer a cheap eBay ( £18 job plug in fag lighter type ) or one of them Mobi Chain reaction ones That’s what I use great thing . Make sure you make it clean especially before you put it back in car the tyres they can mark yer interior bad .

Rik08

Jan 9, 2021
Leamington
Evening
Just wondering if anyone drives a Ford Kuga and knows if you can fit a medium bike in the back easily without removing the wheels. I’m not keen on using a rack or taking the wheels out.

Thanks
I’m more concerned about lifting the bike into back of car they are so heavy !! Ford Focus for me, would need to take both wheels off I think

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I’m more concerned about lifting the bike into back of car they are so heavy !! Ford Focus for me, would need to take both wheels off I think
Wouldn't have thought so ..front wheel only with the rear passenger seat down and front end in first..if that does'nt give you enough space then front passenger seat forward ..
All of that assuming you have no passengers ?
Oh and two weetabix for breakfast should ease any worries about lifting the bike ..?

Focus73

Jan 16, 2018
Fylde Coast
So today I managed to see for myself if I could fit my bike in the back of a Ford Kuga With the seats folded down.a little squeeze with the bars but it worked.

76D18D8D-2B67-478B-8116-E3C961057148.jpeg

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
there's no way that's any easier than removing and reattaching the front wheel. :unsure: but i guess it does fit. shame i can't do the same with mine. good thing about it being wedged in like that is that it is very unlikely to go anywhere in a crash.

Focus73

Jan 16, 2018
Fylde Coast
there's no way that's any easier than removing and reattaching the front wheel. :unsure: but i guess it does fit. shame i can't do the same with mine. good thing about it being wedged in like that is that it is very unlikely to go anywhere in a crash.
Tbh it would be easy enough to strap it in with tie downs. I always tend to use a cable lock whilst in transit In case I need to make a pit stop on route for piece of mind.??

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
? so turn up at car dealers with bike & a sheet testing bike in back of different cars ?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Anyone got a BMW X1 ? Wondered if you can fit two bikes in with the seats folded down and front wheels taken off (the bikes not the car obviously)?

Have an X1 coming soon so hoping I can fit the bikes in the boot and not have to go down a rear rack route ...

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Is that with both wheels in. I am thinking about a wheelchair conversion, just to make it easy to wheel the bike in.
TIA
Both wheels on and front passenger seat pushed as far forward as it will go.
My car is the older model. The year after mine they changed so that the front passenger seat folded right down so that there was a flat luggage platform from the back door right up to the dashboard, so the bike should be even easier to fit in if you got the later model.

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Anyone got a BMW X1 ? Wondered if you can fit two bikes in with the seats folded down and front wheels taken off (the bikes not the car obviously)?

Have an X1 coming soon so hoping I can fit the bikes in the boot and not have to go down a rear rack route ...

Obviously a very different car but I have an x drive 2015 1 series 4 door. Both wheels have to come off my Trek Rail to get the bike in the car.

samohtr

Jul 24, 2020
St Albans
I couldn't get my L Decathlon Stilus in my 2019 Kuga without taking the front wheel out. I went back wheel first though. Will try front first and see if it makes a difference.

Mattnzl

Aug 5, 2020
NZ
Mitsubishi Outlander 5 seater, Giant Trance e+ medium does fit with both wheels on, but ends up being easier/quicker just to take front wheel off.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
This thread has a title that works for that...I'll add my old car - I'm interested too as I'll be buying a new car once lockdown ends.
Volvo XC40 - need to remove front wheel.

Is the bike laid flat or stood upright with the wheel off ? I have an X1 coming soon and interested to know if I can fit two bikes in with front wheels off, stood upright, strapped to either side of the car. The X1 is a similar size boot to the XC40

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
Is the bike laid flat or stood upright with the wheel off ? I have an X1 coming soon and interested to know if I can fit two bikes in with front wheels off, stood upright, strapped to either side of the car. The X1 is a similar size boot to the XC40
It wouldn't work stood up, the seat was too high and hit the inside of the roof.

JetSetDemo

🍦Two Scoops🍦
Patreon
Apr 1, 2018
Ashby de la Zouch
+1 for the X3 I had the last model and I now have the current model and can fit both my wife’s medium and my large Levo in the back with the seats down and both wheels off and still have space for tool box and bags of kit.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
So, received the new X1 on Thursday. Lovely car

However I’m sad to say I can’t even fit one bike in the boot (with rear seats down) with front wheel off. Looks like I’ll have to take both wheels off to transport one bike, don’t fancy lying a frame on top of another frame, even with carpet in between, so won’t be taking both bikes. Gutted

Rik08

Jan 9, 2021
Leamington
So, received the new X1 on Thursday. Lovely car

However I’m sad to say I can’t even fit one bike in the boot (with rear seats down) with front wheel off. Looks like I’ll have to take both wheels off to transport one bike, don’t fancy lying a frame on top of another frame, even with carpet in between, so won’t be taking both bikes. Gutted
Time to get a tow bar fitted ! That’s the route I’m going to have to go down !

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Time to get a tow bar fitted ! That’s the route I’m going to have to go down !

Already looking into it. It’s a company car so can only fit one if it can be removed after three years with no damage to the body panels or bumpers. The BMW factory fitted tow bar was a £2k optional extra ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles