Trance X E+ Pro 2021

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Was wondering since the flip chip makes a 10mm difference in the ride height could one run it in the low position but take the travel limit spacer off of the inner shock shaft to make it a 150mm travel bike.....geo would be the same as the high setting but with more travel???

Yetibos

Jan 28, 2020
Spain
Getting dirty

trance.jpg

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
20201118_092524.jpg

Getting better. Today's ride I was starting to groove with the new bike. Will put a token or two in the fork tomorrow and lower the stem. Do it again. It took months for me to figure out what I liked with the trance19. I dont think this one will take nearly as long.

Ordered a 32 CR and an SLX 10-45 cassette to fix the gearing to my liking.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I believe the trouble I was having with the fork was do to unbalanced air from shipping. As I let air out of the fork in preparation for adding a token. The fork collapsed with some force! The bleeders were blocked with grease, and took a few presses before the air started coming out.

I adding the 5th token anyway, I was there already what the hell, assembly and 75 Psi.

Much better fork. Tomorrow I'll take the 5th token back out, try again.

With the fork behaving better, the whole package improved significantly. This was a good day for me and TranxeP1

Last edited:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Was wondering since the flip chip makes a 10mm difference in the ride height could one run it in the low position but take the travel limit spacer off of the inner shock shaft to make it a 150mm travel bike.....geo would be the same as the high setting but with more travel???
Did you ever find out? The Maestro is quite good.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Its been hard to get quality time on the TranxeP1, but yesterday was perfect.

The new motor is better than I first thought.

I find the power modulation is more to my liking, making sustained wheelies over technical obstacles measurably easier than the 2019 version.

I also find the bike changes direction better while on the rear wheel, as if its more sensitive? OR is giving better feedback? Whatever , my adjustments in body position get better results, and I'm hitting new mile stones for riding over shit without getting wadded up! Even though I've got less than 50 miles on the new bike?

I've not tried low mode yet. Love the peddle clearance in high mode though!

Ti Morse

Nov 23, 2020
Scottsdale Arizona
It looks like I'm joining the Trance X e+ group just ordered mine should arrive at the end of December. I ordered the large because my analog bike is the 2019 XL Trance advance O with the same stack and reach.

Yetibos

Jan 28, 2020
Spain
How much air pressure are you setting your fork in Trance X E+ 1 ?

I just check it today, 100psi for 70 kg. I also check the tokens thinking to add 1 or 2, but there 4 already installed for my brand new bike. How many tokens is the limit?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
How much air pressure are you setting your fork in Trance X E+ 1 ?

I just check it today, 100psi for 70 kg. I also check the tokens thinking to add 1 or 2, but there 4 already installed for my brand new bike. How many tokens is the limit?
Another thought. My fork had pressure in the lower leg at purchase. The air bleeder was blocked with grease, so whenever I pressed it NO air came out. Long story, but I figured it out, and a dozen presses on the bleeder button later, and air started to come out. The fork immediately got better.

Last edited:

Foeden

Nov 29, 2020
Stellenbosch
I am undecided.....

Still no pricing here in South Africa for the Giant , the Spez is currently R110 000 ($6548,34)
Guess I will have to test ride each one and make up my mind. The Giant definitely has a better spec, but then the Spez has more travel and bigger battery + I don't know which motor is better & more reliable, I know Spez sorted out their new motor + the extended warranty. I have heard that Specialized after sales service is also excellent, don't know about Giant though?

Choices choices....

@hexagon
Have you made a decision yet? Also trying to decide between those 2 bikes.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
I rode both recently, I preferred the levo TBH. it was playful and light where my trance feels heavier on the front wheel and goes straight. Assuming the fork offset and the chainstay length have the most to do with it. The motor is very nice too. HOWEVER with reports of motors failing I still couldn't justify a purchase knowing it would likely see a good amount of warranty work. I'm not convinced the 2021 levo motors are fixed with the small updates they've made. On the giant you do get a better spec for the price. I do like my giant alot but after riding the levo I understood why it gets such good reviews.

Last edited:

Foeden

Nov 29, 2020
Stellenbosch
Also not sure if the 2021 motors have been properly fixed, but I also read about water and hub problems on the Giants. Have you had any issues? The other thing that’s bothering me is the low bottom bracket hight on the Giant. Giant does not list that on their website, but I saw a number somewhere and it was lower than my current Scott Spark that I hit every now and then on certain obstacles.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
I've had no problems with mine and have ridden almost 500 miles. I live in CO which is very dry and blow the bike off well after a wash. For the low BB yeah I have hit it a few times. The bottom plastic bash plate is pretty burly, I cased it on a rock drop and it hit HARD. Put a small crack in the plastic guard but everything else was fine. Going to order another guard just to have in case the original breaks. Can't imagine that part is expensive and it's designed to be sacrificial as if fits over additional plastic motor covers, decent design if you ask me.

Yetibos

Jan 28, 2020
Spain
Can your bike save motor assist tune modifications? Even with the latest app version it doesnt save my setting

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Warning for shock fitment. The shock reservoir gets very close to the frame on the new 2021 X. I know older models (sc pro) could use a coil shock and potentially a 55mm stroke shock to get extra travel. This does not look like it is the case on the 21 29er. The new bike has a much steeper seat tube and that rotates the shock forward.....depending on the shock and reservoir size there could be interference with the frame at full compression. I ordered a Bomber CR coil as I had seen it used on older models, after some research and measuring everything it looks like it won't fit without significant interference. Would love to see if anyone has luck fitting a coil shock to this bike.

Arron

Aug 9, 2020
California, Irvine
Warning for shock fitment. The shock reservoir gets very close to the frame on the new 2021 X. I know older models (sc pro) could use a coil shock and potentially a 55mm stroke shock to get extra travel. This does not look like it is the case on the 21 29er. The new bike has a much steeper seat tube and that rotates the shock forward.....depending on the shock and reservoir size there could be interference with the frame at full compression. I ordered a Bomber CR coil as I had seen it used on older models, after some research and measuring everything it looks like it won't fit without significant interference. Would love to see if anyone has luck fitting a coil shock to this bike.
Did you order a 185*55mm shock to see if you could get the extra 6-7mm?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
It dried out enough for me to ride the X again today.

I've been riding the Trance19 when its muddy, and its setup like a tank with 10 speeds, mudhugger and two front fenders- one stuffed inside the mudhugger, tannus armour and a tool kit. The X is still all OEM except for a DH casing assguy on the front, and a front fender.

All that noted, the X is a better trail bike, especially if you like spinning faster than 80 rpm. The PWX-2 really sings when you spin. I have less peddle contact on the X in trail position, yet it still climbs, and now that the fork is getting sorted, it turns nicely while maintaining a fun and playfulness the trance19 never seemed to have.

Also the lower top tube on the X is a real nut saver when having to get a foot back on the ground in technical terrain.

It's still ealry days, but having both bikes sitting there, I choose the X over the trance19 and really look forward to riding it on days like today.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
It dried out enough for me to ride the X again today.

I've been riding the Trance19 when its muddy, and its setup like a tank with 10 speeds, mudhugger and two front fenders- one stuffed inside the mudhugger, tannus armour and a tool kit. The X is still all OEM except for a DH casing assguy on the front, and a front fender.

All that noted, the X is a better trail bike, especially if you like spinning faster than 80 rpm. The PWX-2 really sings when you spin. I have less peddle contact on the X in trail position, yet it still climbs, and now that the fork is getting sorted, it turns nicely while maintaining a fun and playfulness the trance19 never seemed to have.

Also the lower top tube on the X is a real nut saver when having to get a foot back on the ground in technical terrain.

It's still ealry days, but having both bikes sitting there, I choose the X over the trance19 and really look forward to riding it on days like today.
You mentioned trying a mullet setup in the future....I'm very interested what your take on that would be....I do wish they would've done a mullet on the x and shaved 20mm off the chainstay length

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
You mentioned trying a mullet setup in the future....I'm very interested what your take on that would be....I do wish they would've done a mullet on the x and shaved 20mm off the chainstay length
I'm gonna eventually try a mullet for the simple reason that a spare 27.5 wheel will serve dual purposes, as it will fit both my bikes and I have a mess of 27.5 tires that need killed. It will be a while before I get around to it. Currently I've not even bothered to try low mode. Lol.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
For funsies I put a 160mm Zoke Z1 coil on. Running the green heavier spring. So far I like it. Less deflection than air and just attacks stuff. No big hits so far so I'm not sure how the linear action will like that type of riding. This bike isn't light nor is it a super poppy so the downsides of the coil didn't matter in my mind. Definitely gives me more confidence to attack stuff.

PXL_20201224_231347526.jpg

PXL_20201224_231420225.jpg

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I finally had a ride where the fork felt perfect, absorbing moderate hits with aplomb, yet decent on small bump compliance.

I had to add 10 psi beyond what the chart calls for, and take into account my total weight with winter riding gear.

I'm 152 lbs and have the fork set at 100 psi with one extra token, and the open mode adjuster at 5 clicks from open. My winter riding garb is 10 lbs.

I dont think I need the token really, I put it in while trying to get the fork to work at the psi settings in the chart. Now that I know the recommended psi is too light for my riding, I'll take the token out and see.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles