Trance X E+ Pro 2021

hexagon

Jun 22, 2019
Cape Town
I am undecided.....

Still no pricing here in South Africa for the Giant , the Spez is currently R110 000 ($6548,34)
Guess I will have to test ride each one and make up my mind. The Giant definitely has a better spec, but then the Spez has more travel and bigger battery + I don't know which motor is better & more reliable, I know Spez sorted out their new motor + the extended warranty. I have heard that Specialized after sales service is also excellent, don't know about Giant though?

Choices choices....

TRANCE X E+ PRO 29 1 vs Turbo Levo Comp

Compare.png

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Nice comparative! I am also trying to decide between those bikes. More battery is better but 625 is enough for me.

DLSFAN

Sep 26, 2020
California
This is a very convincing bike (META)! One could say, an even better spec, at a lower price.

Similar geometry, until you get to the chainstay (gulp), but no token.

Both are painted up in Lincoln lawyer understated elegance?.

These two (TRANSexy V META)would make an awesomely fun head to head.

View attachment 41216
Definitely not a better spec.
- 36 Performance Elite vs 38 Performance
- XT/XTR Drivetrain vs SLX
- Yamaha Motor vs Shimano

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Definitely not a better spec.
- 36 Performance Elite vs 38 Performance
- XT/XTR Drivetrain vs SLX
- Yamaha Motor vs Shimano
Dont get me wrong, I've already bought the Gaint, but some subjectivity allowed others will like the idea of larger forks, and shimano drive system with more torque (on paper anyway).

DLSFAN

Sep 26, 2020
California
I am undecided.....

Still no pricing here in South Africa for the Giant , the Spez is currently R110 000 ($6548,34)
Guess I will have to test ride each one and make up my mind. The Giant definitely has a better spec, but then the Spez has more travel and bigger battery + I don't know which motor is better & more reliable, I know Spez sorted out their new motor + the extended warranty. I have heard that Specialized after sales service is also excellent, don't know about Giant though?

Choices choices....

View attachment 41217

What are your thoughts on the new YDX Moro Pro?

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA
What are your thoughts on the new YDX Moro Pro?

I would like to try one. My concern is not with the Yamaha quality or build spec. I wonder if the power delivery and overall power will be like the Giants? The reason I say this is the Haibikes I tried with the Yamaha motor and control system was not nearly as powerful as the Giant. I can only think it is because Giant has their own software and control system.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
The 500w battery loses me on that yamaha
For me the motor placement looks weird. I’m sure it’s fine but I just haven’t seen a motor hang with that kind of shape... sort of like a hornets nest. The split top tube and battery positioning is also uncanny. I guess it’s a stylistic choice but I can’t help but think that it might be a dirt or mud trap making things harder to clean?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Opinions obviously vary, and wildely at that. Both these bike look awesome from my perspective, though the color of this years trance is a little too tame for me.

Also, I'd never choose a bike, or anything else for that matter, other than maybe paint, based solely on how it looks regardless.

aja07

May 13, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
There have been reports of the Flip chip linkage binding on the non E Trance X 29 (see facebook group Giant Trance Owners (GTO)) Would seem the tolerances are very tight and sensitive to over torqueing

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
First ride, no specs on miles but I'm guessing about 30. Great range still had 2 leds left. Only ridden one other ebike and it was a shimano e8000. This motor is quite a bit better in all regards, and had great range IMO. It was in the high setting and quickly realized I'd like to try it in the low setting. Will try that soon. Overall based on the motor, range, and overall performance of the bike and components I'd say this bike is VERY hard to beat for the price....and man does it climb well, hardly any front wheel lift, lots of rear traction ..and when taking of from a stop the motor pulls instantly

16017653999328725167652941283232.jpg

Last edited:

Smeer

Mar 2, 2020
Vancouver
I am undecided.....

Choices choices....

View attachment 41217

I had a 2020 Liv Intrigue Pro E+, their highest end Liv model of the year. While it was a nice bike with great components, I had issues with intermittent shut off. If you look into this, it is a common problem with the Giant / Liv ebikes. After three months of struggling with it, the bike being in the shop often, I got a full refund.

Giant is aware of the problem some of the bikes have but they do not have a solution yet and not sure when it will happen.

So I had to bike hunt again, and decided on the 2021Turbo Levo base model (only one available here besides the s-works).

Picked it up Sunday and already have taken it on rides in the Vancouver North Shore mountains (serious techy trails).

While I notice the difference in components, the shock and tires in the Liv were better, the Levo is noticeably lighter, quieter and most important: it has a much better, natural feel than the Giant (yamaha) had.

I have the ‘small’ battery, 504w but it is plenty for my type of riding. My arms and butt will hurt before my battery will run out.

I did 25km and lost like one tiny bar.

I’ll be upgrading the fork and the tires right away and while it will have cost quite a bit more than the Giant (6900CAD + 1200 for tire and fork vs 5700CAD excl tax) when I’ve done those upgrades, I am super happy with my choice.

Also, aesthetically: the Liv bikes are all super shiny and the paint scratched and chipped ridiculously easy. I think the spez looks much better, but that is a matter of opinion of course.

hexagon

Jun 22, 2019
Cape Town
I had a 2020 Liv Intrigue Pro E+, their highest end Liv model of the year. While it was a nice bike with great components, I had issues with intermittent shut off. If you look into this, it is a common problem with the Giant / Liv ebikes. After three months of struggling with it, the bike being in the shop often, I got a full refund.

Giant is aware of the problem some of the bikes have but they do not have a solution yet and not sure when it will happen.

So I had to bike hunt again, and decided on the 2021Turbo Levo base model (only one available here besides the s-works).

Picked it up Sunday and already have taken it on rides in the Vancouver North Shore mountains (serious techy trails).

While I notice the difference in components, the shock and tires in the Liv were better, the Levo is noticeably lighter, quieter and most important: it has a much better, natural feel than the Giant (yamaha) had.

I have the ‘small’ battery, 504w but it is plenty for my type of riding. My arms and butt will hurt before my battery will run out.

I’ll be upgrading the fork and the tires right away and while it will have cost quite a bit more than the Giant (6900CAD + 1200 for tire and fork vs 5700CAD excl tax) when I’ve done those upgrades, I am super happy with my choice.

Also, aesthetically: the Liv bikes are all super shiny and the paint scratched and chipped ridiculously easy. I think the spez looks much better, but that is a matter of opinion of course.

Thank you @Smeer for your input! Will keep this in mind.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

Congratulations on the new bike! What's a turbo levo weight now days?

enCrypt

Sep 13, 2020
Douglas
Anyone got any updates (or maybe insider knowledge ;)) when the Trance X E+ Pro range will be available in the UK?
They're not on the Giant UK website yet and my LBS just keep saying they're supposed to find out "next week" which has been the same answer for the last 3 weeks! :rolleyes:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

For my next bike, the levo was tempting, due to the extra torque (I had no idea they were lighter too). It was going to be a Rocky Mountain, Haibike, or a Specialized, that would get me out of my two year Trance.

In the end though, my experience in a Trance has been nice, not perfect... but nice

When this new Trance x landed, with that spec! and that price!! I collapsed instantly and ordered one?. It would be cool to have a Levo though. There are simply so many bikes to choose its staggering.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
3 is the best level for everything then drop to 2 to conserve and up to 4 on the really steep long hills
Copy that. Sounds like I have similar preference to you, though I love level 5 adrenaline rides too!

Level 3 works really good on my 2019 trance also, providing good fun and a nice workout. Gaining speed is like chasing a carrot. Lol.

Thanks for the information.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles