Trance X E+ Pro 2021

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
Stop it! You’re making me want one and I can’t afford it :( Unless someone wants to buy one of my kidneys?:unsure: Full working order, one owner, quite a few miles on the clock though...

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
I just bought it and my son has the 2020 Trance e+. In comparison the geometry feels much different. The cockpit on the 2021 feels taller and slightly shorter. The motor has a much beefier bash plate. The 2021 has higher end forks and derailleur. The rear tire is an EXO+.
Hi DLSFAN

Tell us more about the size:

"The cockpit on the 2021 feels taller and slightly shorter"
I was hoping for longer feal on medium size with longer reach than 2020 Trance.
I am 175 cm high and have M on order. What do you think??

Thanks

DLSFAN

Sep 26, 2020
California
Hi DLSFAN

Thanks
Based on your height, it would be a medium or small. I’m 5’7” and I test road a medium before my purchase and opted for a small as the medium felt too big with the 29’s.

hexagon

Jun 22, 2019
Cape Town
The more I look at this bike the more I am considering getting one. My other option is going for the Levo Comp, but the specs on the Giant are better than what you get on the Levo. I have heard the Giant motors are not fond of the wet though? (Issues with water getting into the motor?)

Will be following this thread closely.

gipsy

May 29, 2019
Croatia
- 2020 ground clearance is about 10 inches
- 2021 ground clearance is about 9 3/4 inches on The low setting
I have check my Levo 2020 for ground clearance in High mode, it is some 27cm(10.62in).
Can you measure your bike in High mode for ground clearance once you flip it??

aja07

May 13, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Difference between Hi and Lo is 10mm (almost 1/2") so based on 9 3/4" (as above) for Lo would make Hi approx 10 1/4" (10.25). Would seem the Trance motor is indeed quite low slung, though most people don't seem to have a problem with this. Guess it depends largely on the sort of terrain you might be riding in.
By comparison my analogue bike (Santa Cruz Hightower) has ground clearance of 10 1/4" to the chain ring guard. So all in all the Trance is not too bad.

Last edited:

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
.. .. ..
Hi DLSFAN

Thanks

20200928_073859.jpg

TRNC-X-E aka Transexy is Longer and Taller. In this context it's all good.

This next bit is only my completely biased and unjustified opinion.
I think most folks around here with a 19 or 20 trance, ended up installing taller bars after a few months. The longer lower trend seems to have found it limit on the lower dimension for this demographic. Longer is good but some stack height for comfort was needed. I believe the 2019 trance was a little too low and this bikes corrects that error.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Difference between Hi and Lo is 10mm (almost 1/2") so based on 9 3/4" (as above) for Lo would make Hi approx 10 1/4" (10.25). Would seem the Trance motor is indeed quite low slung, though most people don't seem to have a problem with this. Guess it depends largely on the sort of terrain you might be riding in.
By comparison my analogue bike (Santa Cruz Hightower) has ground clearance of 10 1/4" to the chain ring guard. So all in all the Trance is not too bad.
Oddly enough, when I have had to use the bottom bracket of my 2019 trance as a hammer to hit stuff (this always occurs as a result of very bad judgments on my part) it takes it with aplomb.
But... rocks being kicked up, or flipped over by the front tire at high speeds (also a result of poor judgments), have actually busted the skid plate on two occasions.

I for one, am happy they added some extra thickness under this thing.

Last edited:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
The more I look at this bike the more I am considering getting one. My other option is going for the Levo Comp, but the specs on the Giant are better than what you get on the Levo. I have heard the Giant motors are not fond of the wet though? (Issues with water getting into the motor?)

Will be following this thread closely.
It's not so much the motor being troubled by water (under normal wet weather riding use), as was trouble with the connectors getting wet. Connectors and the ridecontrol one unit soaking up water did cuase many here grief. Hopefully this is solved, both by design, and quality control.

DLSFAN

Sep 26, 2020
California
.. .. ..

View attachment 41076

TRNC-X-E aka Transexy is Longer and Taller. In this context it's all good.

This next bit is only my completely biased and unjustified opinion.
I think most folks around here with a 19 or 20 trance, ended up installing taller bars after a few months. The longer lower trend seems to have found it limit on the lower dimension for this demographic. Longer is good but some stack height for comfort was needed. I believe the 2019 trance was a little too low and this bikes corrects that error.
Yes, the 2021 is definitely more comfortable than the 2020 for me due to it having more stack.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
I love this bike and I want to upgrade from my 2019 fathom e+2 pro but I don't like the colour!!! I like the colour of the Trance X E+2 pro much more, but I would prefer the components of the e+1 :D

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I love this bike and I want to upgrade from my 2019 fathom e+2 pro but I don't like the colour!!! I like the colour of the Trance X E+2 pro much more, but I would prefer the components of the e+1 :D
Ah yes, I hear ya. Many of us here have had to forego our colour preference in exchange for some other benefit.

“Kermit the Frog” fluro green wasn’t a colour I’d ever see myself riding :sick: but I had a plan - to take it to an auto vinyl wrap shop. Unlike paint, a vinyl wrap is easily removable and would also act as a scratch protector to a degree.

Unfortunately, after a few months the colour green grew on me! o_O:love:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Middletown Cycing and Fitness in Middletown Ky just recieved there first size large, so they have landed in the midwest.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Back again with the colour subject... do you consider the X E+2 Pro a bad option compared to the E+1?
Main changes are:
- XT instead of SLX components
- Wheels
- Front and Rear suspension are -1 models.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
First ebike, looking at this vs commencal meta 29.....the ep8 motor has me waiting and I could get one of these quickly based on info from my LBS....any comments one which one.....the wait on the ep8 is killing me

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Back again with the colour subject... do you consider the X E+2 Pro a bad option compared to the E+1?
Main changes are:
- XT instead of SLX components
- Wheels
- Front and Rear suspension are -1 models.

SLX is fine, and an updated shifter would likely be all that is required to get XT performance. The derailleur will not last forever anyway. I consider derailleurs to be consumables.

The fork on the pro 2 looks to be about the same fork as on the 2019 trance pro 1 with the grip damper. If this is correct? then the fork is excellent, set and forget.

My experiance with the Dps shock is not as good. I was happy with the DPS performance but I killed the DPS unit on my pro1 --it coughed its guts out the rebound adjuster--and the fix was not inexpensive; $300 plus the service time. My second experience with a DPS shock, is not much better, as the setting lever is so loose, it kinda flops around, and I needed a zip-tie to hold it in the open position. The lever problems have been fixed with updates, but the fact that the shock gets too hot during serious use... maybe not. I opted to upgrade the dps shock on my pro1, to a Dpx2 unit and so far I am pleased.

A shock is not cheap, and here is where the conundrum sits I think.

DLSFAN

Sep 26, 2020
California
First ebike, looking at this vs commencal meta 29.....the ep8 motor has me waiting and I could get one of these quickly based on info from my LBS....any comments one which one.....the wait on the ep8 is killing me
I talked To a couple of shops that have experience and sell many motors and they both said that the Yamaha is by far the most reliable. The Trance also has pretty high end Components.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Yep those were 2 of my deciding factors, new large battery, yamaha reliability, and high spec components for the price. Lbs has 1 of each size, I just put a deposit down and hopefully pick it up on Friday.

I realize it's a bit heavy, the long chainstay seems to equate to a less lively feel especially in the smaller sizes (I got a small), also the low BB clearance could be an issue here in the Colorado rocks......but I bet it will still be a blast to ride for a long time and I won't spend the next 5 months waiting

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Sorry it looks like a pregnant guppy. Wont work for me. Gonna keep waiting for my 2021 Commencal... and waiting...

This is a very convincing bike (META)! One could say, an even better spec, at a lower price.

Similar geometry, until you get to the chainstay (gulp), but no token.

Both are painted up in Lincoln lawyer understated elegance?.

These two (TRANSexy V META)would make an awesomely fun head to head.

20200930_080749.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles