Trance X E+ Pro 2021

Yetibos

Jan 28, 2020
Spain
Hi,

what about available timing for trance X e+ 1 ?? I heard end of the year for L size in Europe...maybe later....how is in your countries?

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

Geometry Geeks has loaded the new Trance X E+.
Great website and tool. The administrators are very helpful when adding bikes.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

This link has a very nice article and some really nice photos of the new bikes.

Last edited:

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I love the new routing of all the cables over the top of motor. The old routing has been a source of many troubles both with keeping the derailleur working consistently and with water ingress.

? it.
For some reason I missed this detail from the first lot of photos. Just looked at it again. Appears to be a great improvement and the left side cables also goes INTO the left chainstay instead of outside and underneath.

Now are glossy black paint reflections playing tricks with my eyes, or after coming out of the downtube are the cables going into and through the lower Maestro suspension link?! ?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
For some reason I missed this detail from the first lot of photos. Just looked at it again. Appears to be a great improvement and the left side cables also goes INTO the left chainstay instead of outside and underneath.

Now are glossy black paint reflections playing tricks with my eyes, or after coming out of the downtube are the cables going into and through the lower Maestro suspension link?! ?
Yes, and I believe this actually started on last years Reign.

hexagon

Jun 22, 2019
Cape Town

This link has a very nice article and some really nice photos of the new bikes.

Indeed! Wonder if Rob will be testing this bike out soon? Really looking forward for this one.

KuRi

May 30, 2019
Spain
Aesthetically I prefer the cables inside the motor cover (bottom), but my original motor stopped working after replacing the rear brake hose so I think this is good news for my LBS and myself xD

Crawford919

Aug 7, 2019
USA

Some good stuff in this review.
Really good review and sounds like they made the bike even better. I wonder if the Reign will have 29” wheels or maybe a mullet set up? Also Giant could angle the motor upwards like on the Haibike Dwnhll and would make a great increase in clearance but I’m sure other handling characteristics would suffer. Can’t wait to ride the new Trance and Reign.

DLSFAN

Sep 26, 2020
California
Different frame, flip chip, magnetic charger cover, ability to use range extender, 29” wheels, better waterproofing on the down tube and more. It looks quite different to me.
I just bought it and my son has the 2020 Trance e+. In comparison the geometry feels much different. The cockpit on the 2021 feels taller and slightly shorter. The motor has a much beefier bash plate. The 2021 has higher end forks and derailleur. The rear tire is an EXO+.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I just bought it and my son has the 2020 Trance e+. In comparison the geometry feels much different. The cockpit on the 2021 feels taller and slightly shorter. The motor has a much beefier bash plate. The 2021 has higher end forks and derailleur. The rear tire is an EXO+.
I just used your post to beat my agent in California over the head. I was told I was number 1. Lol

aja07

May 13, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
You’re going to love it. I rode 25 all mountain miles today and still had 40% battery remaining. Also, the suspension allows you to really fine tune it and the motor is more quiet than last year.
You running the flip chip on high or low, and how is the motor ground clearance compared to the 2020?

DLSFAN

Sep 26, 2020
California
You running the flip chip on high or low, and how is the motor ground clearance compared to the 2020?
I rode it on high today but I just flipped it and plan to ride it tomorrow. The ground clearance is about the same as the 2020 with the new extra cover. It still has a cover similar to last years but an extra more robust cover was added on top of this which reduces the clearance.

aja07

May 13, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
I rode it on high today but I just flipped it and plan to ride it tomorrow. The ground clearance is about the same as the 2020 with the new extra cover. It still has a cover similar to last years but an extra more robust cover was added on top of this which reduces the clearance.
Ahh OK so with the flip chip on low you will likely lose some ground clearance over the 2020?

DLSFAN

Sep 26, 2020
California
Really good review and sounds like they made the bike even better. I wonder if the Reign will have 29” wheels or maybe a mullet set up? Also Giant could angle the motor upwards like on the Haibike Dwnhll and would make a great increase in clearance but I’m sure other handling characteristics would suffer. Can’t wait to ride the new Trance and Reign.
The motor is actually angled up and could have more clearance but a new second bash plate has been added which makes it look like it hangs low.

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
You’re going to love it. I rode 25 all mountain miles today and still had 40% battery remaining. Also, the suspension allows you to really fine tune it and the motor is more quiet than last year.

The motor is unchanged from the 2020 as far as I know - sure it isn’t just new vs old wear noise ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles