Trance X E+ 2022

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Looks like very subtle differences, top tube has been redesigned (from pictures) reach, stack & wheelbase numbers slightly different. Major change at motor and Bottom Bracket (from pictures) giving better BB clearance even though Giant doesn't quote this number.

gbarfoot

Sep 1, 2020
Colorado usa
Some one on FB saw and rode one at a shop in CA USA. Seems crazy that one arrived and is in public sight but they have not even been officially announced

Screenshot_20211112-072307.png

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
Some one on FB saw and rode one at a shop in CA USA. Seems crazy that one arrived and is in public sight but they have not even been officially announced

View attachment 75883
In Quebec, Canada we are still receiving 2021 and it might continue for a few more weeks. Maybe they want to help the shops sell those than they will focus on 2022. A shop just received a 2022 Reign and it had received one about 4 weeks ago.

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
In Quebec, Canada we are still receiving 2021 and it might continue for a few more weeks. Maybe they want to help the shops sell those than they will focus on 2022. A shop just received a 2022 Reign and it had received one about 4 weeks ago.

Giant will still be shipping 2021 bikes until January 2022 or maybe a little bit further if there are delays here in Canada.

It's still really surprising that the 2022 Trance X E+ is starting to be shipped to some bike shops without any information available.

Local Giant shop said that they were supposed to receive 60x 2022 Trance X E+ which is a sign that these bikes will be available in large quantities.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

View attachment 75883
Thats awesome. Have they sold yet?

It was a mistake that allowed shops to order a bike not yet released. Apparently the warehouse workers are very efficient, and shipped them before the office geeks figured out they were gone.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I was just trolling around and found some of the accidental advanced trances popping up. You know... like if you happen to be stomping around Boise with 7K.

20211115_110144.jpg

Last edited:

DariuszHoryd

Sep 21, 2020
Poland / Gdansk
I found it in BIKE magazine.
They wrote that new Yamaha/Giant motor is silent and powerfull a bit less "punchy" compare to newest Bosch. Geometry is brilliant to climb and very confident going down. They complain a bit for a longer travel and a to short dropper post (150mm).
255835695_318452123127230_8257791758207377766_n.jpg
256163557_1507621719621785_2018381812317115040_n.jpg

Last edited:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Its here in the States, and Giant is plenty $$$ proud of it.

The 2022 Reign thread, oddly enough, has a referenced article claiming the weight of the Trance Advanced e+ at 22.2 kg, but I'm not sure which model was weighed.

My shop called today and the Advanced ~Pro-0 is slated for a week 51 delivery. That would be this December ✌

Last edited:

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
I remember in the 60s in Canada we were laughing about the russians forced to wait in lines to get food.
Now with tons of rain west, in British Columbia, bikes that were delayed for 10-12 months are delayed again for many more weeks. Roads dissappeared, no train, no transportation. Fatbikes will arrive after our winter.
They pretend capitalism is the best system . . . . .

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Available week 51, that is real quick! I wonder when the aluminum version will be available.

It's crazy how carbon make ebikes expensive, but with the trail components looks like it's a 7 lbs+ weight saving over the Reign E+.

EMBN posted a full review of the bike

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Available week 51, that is real quick! I wonder when the aluminum version will be available.

It's crazy how carbon make ebikes expensive, but with the trail components looks like it's a 7 lbs+ weight saving over the Reign E+.

EMBN posted a full review of the bike

I guess they made a bunch of them. Its like a media bomb went off.

Brake pads for the Xt brakes used on this bike have been backordered since May, I need those pads.

Screenshot_20211124-084325_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Last edited:

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
I guess they made a bunch of them. Its like a media bomb went off.

Clearly these videos were under embargo and were released yesterday.

I like Giant's strategy here however : announce the bike, reviews all over the place same day with the bike being available in a 1-2 month time frame, that is awesome.

A lot of manufacturers are announcing bikes that will not even be available before more than a year....non sense.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Clearly these videos were under embargo and were released yesterday.

I like Giant's strategy here however : announce the bike, reviews all over the place same day with the bike being available in a 1-2 month time frame, that is awesome.

A lot of manufacturers are announcing bikes that will not even be available before more than a year....non sense.
Non sense for sure... I waited 2 (pre-rona) years for a Flyon, that never dropped.

Giant apparantly has some Trance Advanced inventory to move.

I wonder about the Aluminium version also... did these launch... anybody...bueller?

Last edited:

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
And what about Live Valve, are any other manufacturers specifying it as original equipment and at what price point?

Perhaps I would prefer to have the adjustability of the Grip2 damper, as a preference to a Live Valve equipped Fit4 damper, but having no experience with either, its hard to say🤔.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
I'm running a Fox 36 Fit4 in the Trance X e+ and a Fox 38 with Grip2 Damper on the Reign and my Freeride Bike
The Fit4 does its job very well. Nothing to complain about or missing when riding trail because I don't ride Freeride at full speed with the Trance - that's the job of the other bikes ;)
On the Grip 2 I like being able to adjust HSC at the fingertip when approachig large Drops or to adjust the setup for shuttle vs. tour easily. But usually the LSC remains pretty much untouched on both models once I found the sweet spot for my kind of style.

I scratched my head if I should put my money on the E-Live Valve model, or go for the E+2 without the electric dampers.
But as it would require to change a lot of parts on this model I decided to give E-Live Valve a try.
Also a good lession to get used to the system as I reckon I'm going to see some participants showing up with it in my riding lessons in the future.

BTW: we put the E+2 on the scale today. Weights 24.5kg with the stock parts. Must be the awesome paint job....

Last edited:

Shaunnyb

Nov 25, 2021
California
Hey guys I’m new here. I bought this bike from Wheelworld in Woodland Hills last week, I’m having an issue charging mine. I can only get it up to 70% battery capacity. This seems to be a problem with these bikes, is there a way around this without pulling off the battery? I took it out on some trails last week and it rode in handled excellent! Just need to get the charge up to 100% so I can ride it again.

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Try charging the battery off the bike up to a 100% one time and you should be fine. If the issue persits you need a new Charger.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Hey guys I’m new here. I bought this bike from Wheelworld in Woodland Hills last week, I’m having an issue charging mine. I can only get it up to 70% battery capacity. This seems to be a problem with these bikes, is there a way around this without pulling off the battery? I took it out on some trails last week and it rode in handled excellent! Just need to get the charge up to 100% so I can ride it again.
Are you putting the charger in storage mode by pressing the button?

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Oh is that what happens when you press the button, you put it in storage mode?

Maybe that’s what I’m doing wrong. How do you get it out of storage mode? I feel like a dummy.

There's a little rectangle button just next to the green light on the charger, press it to activate/deactive storage mode.

When button light is orange = storage mode 60% max battery charge
When buton light is off = storage mode off

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles