Trance X E+ 2022

1oldfart

Oct 6, 2019
Outdoors
It's perfectly fine for you guys to like lighter/smaller batteries, not trying on convincing you that 750wh batteries should be the only thing to ride on an eMTB.

What I'm trying to say here is that Giant's marketing strategy versus the competition is inadequate because of a design mistake on the carbon frame that is not able to fit their top of the line 750wh battery.
I appreciate your angle.
We never know who will win during the design phase.
A guy wrote he preferred his Specialized FayBoy at 2,400$ alu over the one from his friend.
The more expensive carbon built came with 4.0 tires to reach the light target
but the alu more affordable had 4.6 tires with more comfort and grip.
Some companies offer **light Ebikes** so maybe the marketing side
won and the lighter won even if some others argued more watts would be better.
Most models have the option to ad an extender so the limit is flexible.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
It's perfectly fine for you guys to like lighter/smaller batteries, not trying on convincing you that 750wh batteries should be the only thing to ride on an eMTB.

What I'm trying to say here is that Giant's marketing strategy versus the competition is inadequate because of a design mistake on the carbon frame that is not able to fit their top of the line 750wh battery.
Coming from the same folks that bring us Ride Control, I would venture a guess that mistakes are possible🤔

I can still imagine that Giant will sell all the advances it cares to build. It's a beautiful bike, that maybe unmatched performance per dollar.

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
First ride today absolutely mega bike ⚡❤️‍🔥

E8A1089D-3029-4A0F-846B-C15CE5C768A2.jpeg

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
The E-Bike Manual posted in January already listed the 800Wh battery:
View attachment 83453
@Redlemon: If you are not happy with the 625Wh why not just go for the alloy model or wait for the 800Wh Option?

I personally ride with 2x 625Wh batteries on my 2022 Reign E and I would've bought a 750Wh or 800Wh if they were available, but I never said that 625wh batteries were bad or that the Trance X E+ was crap because of the battery.

The Trance X E+ must be in the top few options, if not first, regarding the performance/price ratio for a trail eMTB...it's hard to beat and the bike is looking incredible.

I believe that Giant will be moving to a battery strategy more like Norco where they have 3 battery sizes that can fit in all of their frames...this way every rider will be happy as we all have different needs ;)

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Well, my Reign came with a 750Wh battery, but I have a 625Wh (from my Trance) and two 500Wh batteries plus a 250Wh Range Extender too.
In addition, I will get a portable 2k Wh PowerStation tomorrow (which I can re-charge with AC, DC and my portable solar panels too).
This setup does provide me with enough power options for 3-4 Days riding in the outback without the need for an AC Source. The PowerStation also re-charges very quickly up to 80% (1600Wh), so I can do that while I'm waiting for my laundry or when I'm at a camper site etc.

Looking forward to replace the 2021 Trance X e+ 1 with the 2022 Trance X Advance - should arrive in about a month or so.

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
On another note regards the new bike…..
Can anyone confirm the percentage of the preset motor modes ?
mine with all modes dialled up in the app mine feels basically the same when using blue auto assist as it does in red full power ? ….

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Auto Mode will use Mode 1 - 5 as needed. Adjusting the modes in the App only apllies to manual modes, but has no effect on Auto Mode

Motohawk75

Dec 30, 2020
U.K.
Auto Mode will use Mode 1 - 5 as needed. Adjusting the modes in the App only apllies to manual modes, but has no effect on Auto Mode

yep as i thought regarding auto, i just wasn’t sure on how much power auto was getting but it felt like it was on par with full power red in manual 👍

pnzio

Dec 11, 2021
Dublin / Ireland
Just ordered my first eBike and went for the 2022 Giant Trance X E+ 1 Pro. Pickup in 3 weeks hopefully. Damn bikes are getting hard to find these days in New Zealand. Cannot wait to get out there again into the mountains- it has been more than a decade since I was on a big bike hammering trails. I cannot wait.

View attachment 85507
What's the total bike weight? Can't find the alloy weight anywhere online ...

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Well, my Reign came with a 750Wh battery, but I have a 625Wh (from my Trance) and two 500Wh batteries plus a 250Wh Range Extender too.
In addition, I will get a portable 2k Wh PowerStation tomorrow (which I can re-charge with AC, DC and my portable solar panels too).
This setup does provide me with enough power options for 3-4 Days riding in the outback without the need for an AC Source. The PowerStation also re-charges very quickly up to 80% (1600Wh), so I can do that while I'm waiting for my laundry or when I'm at a camper site etc.

Looking forward to replace the 2021 Trance X e+ 1 with the 2022 Trance X Advance - should arrive in about a month or so.

You probably have been over this before, does the 625wh and 750wh fit in the same hole?
My wife has a 2019 trance e+0 500wh, I'm pretty sure you can buy a 625wh that well fit this bike.

Cheers

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
23,4Kg with 625Wh Battery.
Majority of ths parts have been swapped over from the Trance X e+ 2021.
Pretty happy with the build. A good companion for the Reign e+ 🙃
View attachment 87880 View attachment 87881
Does the trance share the same low bb that the reign has? Do you run the trance in low setting?
Geo specs miss bb height,giant thing?
I would need XL size (6'4 and 110+kg)
I see the XL has 170mm cranks.
I'm looking at the alloy e+1 model

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Does the trance share the same low bb that the reign has? Do you run the trance in low setting?
Geo specs miss bb height,giant thing?
I would need XL size (6'4 and 110+kg)
I see the XL has 170mm cranks.
I'm looking at the alloy e+1 model
BB drop in low setting is spec’d at 30mm on Trance and 25mm on Reign.
Assuming similar tires, rear axle on the Trance should be 19mm higher than the Reign (29er vs 27.5 mullet) and assuming exact same motor, my guesstimate would be slightly higher BB height for Trance.
There is nothing like real life measurement though. That is how we discovered BB height to be slightly higher on Reign E+2 than E+1… 😄

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand
So I ordered the Trance e+1 pro today, should get it in a week or two. It's in the country so they just need to ship it down build it up and we are away.
Only change I made was getting a 210mm oneup dropper instilled.
Exciting!
My small size X1 needs a longer seat post too. I feel Giant should spec the post based on your in seam.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles