Trance X E+ 2022

DariuszHoryd

Sep 21, 2020
Poland / Gdansk
So, decided not to mix a Reign E+ 2020 topic, and open a new thread about coming soon 2022 Trance X E+.
As far as I know, the new Trance will be still 29"er and will be performed by new Giant Syncdrive Pro motor like on Reign. 750Wh battery avaliable, but spec-s and models depends on country.
tt.jpg

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Decided to keep my Trance E+ 2020 for another year as the 2021 model still has the long chainstay, even though I like the 29” wheels... Hope the 2022 iteration gets a shorter chainstay with the new motor (like the Reign)

DariuszHoryd

Sep 21, 2020
Poland / Gdansk
I went to the Giant Store near my house
this is what they were able to tell me:
  • 750 Wh battery on the top of the range
  • New SyncDrive pro 2 engine
  • New frame with a carbon model
  • New geometry
  • RideControl Ergo 3
  • The 2 wheels in 29 inches
CF frameset ?? Hmm I don't think so... but maybe E+0 ? For now, E+1/2/3 are on alloy frameset.

DariuszHoryd

Sep 21, 2020
Poland / Gdansk
Decided to keep my Trance E+ 2020 for another year as the 2021 model still has the long chainstay, even though I like the 29” wheels... Hope the 2022 iteration gets a shorter chainstay with the new motor (like the Reign)
I'm not sure that short chainstay is the way that all will go in the future... it is still 29"er and right now there will be Reign with mullet, and slack HT enduro fun-bike, and steep seat tube for better uphill ride, but Trance will be more like daily/AM/Trail bike... just need to wait, and see in real how this bike will ride.

Kolskis

Jul 4, 2021
Poland, Jelenia
Yes. I agree with previous comments. If you want more suspension and DH bike, go for Reign. There must be a different between trial and dh products...in my opinion.
I own Trance X e+ pro2 2021 and I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I love my Trance E+2 Pro 2020 too… ?
The 470mm chainstay makes the bike one of the most stable e-bikes on the market and a great climber, however, given that the new motor allows for a shorter back end, I think it would be nice to make it a little more playful (and hopefully lighter too) without modifications to travel and thus keeping it an All Mountain Trail bike.
Carbon frame on the E+0 would also be great news!
Anyway, one can dream, just my 2 cents… ?

DariuszHoryd

Sep 21, 2020
Poland / Gdansk
I love my Trance E+2 Pro 2020 too… ?
The 470mm chainstay makes the bike one of the most stable e-bikes on the market and a great climber, however, given that the new motor allows for a shorter back end, I think it would be nice to make it a little more playful (and hopefully lighter too) without modifications to travel and thus keeping it an All Mountain Trail bike.
Carbon frame on the E+0 would also be great news!
Anyway, one can dream, just my 2 cents… ?
Chainstay is simmilar to 2021 Trance X E+...
About E+0 and CF frame... my source told me, that we shouldn't expect CF on Trance/Reign... but we'll see.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Chainstay is simmilar to 2021 Trance X E+...
About E+0 and CF frame... my source told me, that we shouldn't expect CF on Trance/Reign... but we'll see.
Stopped by the LBS today, you are right on chainstay, I saw 473mm on the spec sheet. ? Was expecting shorter end...
Now all my hopes are on that new reign, very anxious to see what Rob thinks about it and how much it weighs?
Cheers!

DariuszHoryd

Sep 21, 2020
Poland / Gdansk
Stopped by the LBS today, you are right on chainstay, I saw 473mm on the spec sheet. ? Was expecting shorter end...
Now all my hopes are on that new reign, very anxious to see what Rob thinks about it and how much it weighs?
Cheers!
See in Reign topic, and see German article and weight is pretty the same around 24-25kg... and will bee almoust the same for 625 and 750Wh battery ... is to to high? For an alloy frame e-bike that is a bit higher than competitors but it is more/less <1kg diff, so I wouldn't expecto too much in this area, but weight distribution, geometry can do the magic, and bike can be still good..

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Cheers!
It seems strange that Giant would opt to keep the Trance x e chain-stay so looooong for 2022.

I am pleased with the 2021 Trance-x-e, but the bike does feel front heavy and a little clumsy on tighter stuff when compared to,.. just about anything except another Trance-E.

But, the X climbs better than anything else I've owned, and feels very stable at speed.

I've had more playful bikes in the stable, at the end of the day however, these Trances log the most miles.

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
I've had more playful bikes in the stable, at the end of the day however, these Trances log the most miles.
That’s a very interesting comment. Why do you think that is?
I’d like to trade some stability for more playfulness on the next bike but owning more than one is not an option. ?

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
That’s a very interesting comment. Why do you think that is?
I’d like to trade some stability for more playfulness on the next bike but owning more than one is not an option. ?
Could be my own version of brand- stupidity.

But also my trail. There are a few hills on my daily loop that are short but steep, slick and chucky with roots and rocks. These hills are very difficult for me to climb, even in a Trance. It may be psychological, but I'm more confident on the Trance, that I can clean them.

Also, they (trance e+'s) are hard to manual, and it requires a serious pull, but what doesnt kill you...

Last edited:

Chris30210

Aug 11, 2021
France - Pont du Gard
Savez vous quand est prévu la présentation officielle du e trance 2022 ?

D'après le Giant Store près de chez moi , que j'ai contacté aujourd'hui, le Trance X E+ et le Advanced X E+ (version carbone) seront présentés entre octobre et novembre, avec une disponibilité courant janvier

According to the Giant Store near me, which I contacted today, the Trance X E + and the Advanced X E + (carbon model) will be presented between October and November, with availability during January.

DrStupid

Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Has anybody found information on the 2022 Trance X geometry? The new Reign is significantly shorter and taller than last years Trance X.

I copied @Ordinary Human Male 's link from the Reign thread.

I'm curious if shorter and taller geo, can be expected on the new X when it finally lands?

jeanmarc

Mar 2, 2021
Canada
Wow, that's going to be a nice bike!
Geo is still long chainstay & wheelbase, tighter head angle, that's a trail bike with some XC in there...
Thanks for the pics and geo info 👍

Redlemon

Oct 30, 2021
Canada
Giant is being clear here at least, Reign E+ being their big Enduro eMTB and while the Trance X E+ is really a pure trail bike.

Reach numbers are a little bit too long for my taste, this is a bike where you could easily downsize.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles