Trance SX-E Pro - Display lights stuck on

Tarbs

Dec 2, 2020
USA
Hey all!

Out for a ride on local fire roads the other day and my Trance SX-E Pro RideControl Ergo (controller for power level, light, power indicator) lights are all stuck on. All 11 individual lights are illuminated and I can't get them to turn off. I removed the battery a couple of times thinking that might reset the system, but all 11 lights illuminate once the battery is installed. And the bike won't work, meaning this issue is keeping the bike from powering up. I could not find anything online and wondering if anyone here knows a solution or point me in the direction for some help?

Bammers!!

Trance SX-E Pro Controller.jpg

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
Is it the original remote on your bike ? if so it is not the ride control Ergo but Ride Control One (look the same anyway but different inside and Ergo should not work on your bike).

Looks like water ingress (inside the remote or inside the motor connectors), did you wash your bike recently ?

Tarbs

Dec 2, 2020
USA
Thanks for the reply! Yes, it's the original and now that you said it, it is the Ride Control One unit. Funny thing, no water at all - I was at the end of a long ride on 100% dry fire roads (and no washing of the bike for prior 5 days), the Ride Control Unit went sideways on me and all 11 lights illuminated. It's been 3 days since that happened and I'm getting the same error. I tried to find a 'Chat' feature on Giant's website to talk with someone, but nothing there which is disappointing.

Rockingsilver

Feb 22, 2020
ILUKA, NSW, Australia
Thanks for the reply! Yes, it's the original and now that you said it, it is the Ride Control One unit. Funny thing, no water at all - I was at the end of a long ride on 100% dry fire roads (and no washing of the bike for prior 5 days), the Ride Control Unit went sideways on me and all 11 lights illuminated. It's been 3 days since that happened and I'm getting the same error. I tried to find a 'Chat' feature on Giant's website to talk with someone, but nothing there which is disappointing.
I ride the 2019 Liv e+ Pro and I am on my 2nd Ride Control Unit. Giant swaps them out at my local dealer with no questions. I have also had issues with water ingress.
My first Ride Control had connector troubles, I would have to pull the Ride Control cable up through the frame hole as it exits near the head tube and unplug and replug to fix the same issue that you are having. That may help.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles