TRANCE E+ SX 1 PRO why should i

Alcove

Jan 3, 2019
Canada
All my ebike friends have shimano e8000/500w and in comparison I consistently get better range (probably a little more than 10%). I love having 5 assist levels and the manageability which is why I believe I get the better range.

The long chain stays were really the only concern when buying but absolutely no regrets as it climbs like a goat and descends the chunder effortlessly.

Tight twisty corners might take a little extra effort and bike weighs a few more lbs than my buds bikes but my real life use has proven to really be non-issue.

Jumping and in the steeps is also well very balanced.

I don't think you can go wrong with this bike bang for buck!

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
All my ebike friends have shimano e8000/500w and in comparison I consistently get better range (probably a little more than 10%). I love having 5 assist levels and the manageability which is why I believe I get the better range.

The long chain stays were really the only concern when buying but absolutely no regrets as it climbs like a goat and descends the chunder effortlessly.

Tight twisty corners might take a little extra effort and bike weighs a few more lbs than my buds bikes but my real life use has proven to really be non-issue.

Jumping and in the steeps is also well very balanced.

I don't think you can go wrong with this bike bang for buck!
I got my first Ebike(i have many bikes) a few months ago. It is a HT Haibike, also Yamaha 2017, it has 4 assist levels, about 50%(wich is useless for someone in shape) 100% 180% and 280%. What are your levels? Do you have walk? I tested a Shimano 8000 kind of noisy even on econo and i hope to test a 7000. The Bosch 2.5 multiply factor is just not for me. Most Giant and Specialized are sold out.. I am more a range guy than top speed. A reason i am interested is without a car i pedal to and from the trails. Thanks

Alcove

Jan 3, 2019
Canada
Levels can be modified to your liking via Giant app. I have level 1 set to the min of 50% and level 5 maxed at 360% while staggering the 3 middle settings. This gives me the flexibility to toggle assist level depending on length of the planned ride. I almost always ride in "boost" and only drop down when range is needed. There is a walk assist and again is more effective than the shimano ?

If you think Shimano is noisy the Giant's motor is probably comparable but more of a growl than a purr ?

33red

Jun 12, 2019
Quebec, Canada
Levels can be modified to your liking via Giant app. I have level 1 set to the min of 50% and level 5 maxed at 360% while staggering the 3 middle settings. This gives me the flexibility to toggle assist level depending on length of the planned ride. I almost always ride in "boost" and only drop down when range is needed. There is a walk assist and again is more effective than the shimano ?

If you think Shimano is noisy the Giant's motor is probably comparable but more of a growl than a purr ?
Thanks. I will try to find 1 my size. I like the price. One more question, is it like a race low bar, average, or confort high bar?

Alcove

Jan 3, 2019
Canada
Pretty personal preference but I would say about avg. Played around with a couple stem / bar combos and ended up back with stock stem and 20mm rise sixc bars

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles