Trance E+ Range - Tubeless from factory?

DarkBlueSheep

Oct 31, 2018
Brisbane
Hi Guys,

Can anyone confirm if the Trance E+1 and E+3 come with tubeless tyres from the factory? I see they are ''Tubeless Ready'' but not sure if they are tubeless from factory or not.

Cheers

DarkBlueSheep

Oct 31, 2018
Brisbane
ah ok, I didnt get that option and didnt even think to ask about it. I will deflate a tyre and take a look. I have never had tubeless before so if i do deflate the tyre and pull it away from the rim, am I running the risk of a load of stuff leaking out if it is tubeless already?

Noddy

Oct 31, 2018
Brisbane, Australia
Peel the tyre off the rim at the top so all sealant is in the bottom of the tyre. There is only about a 100 to 150ml of sealant in the tyre. Just watch a couple of you tube tutorials. Had to do it for the first time on sunday after cutting a tyre, was realy simple.

DarkBlueSheep

Oct 31, 2018
Brisbane
Haha yes, they did take a picture of us but I havn't seen it. That's good to know that it would have been done. I might double check with the guy I dealt with

StevenM

Sep 22, 2018
Ipswich Qld Australia
Just have a look at the valve nut. If it’s a big thick black job it’s the tubeless valve and are tubeless. Nut is like 3 plus mm thick and the base of the valve is a big thick jigger.

If it has tubes they will be skinny silver jobs usually

The factory giant stuff will be good for 6-9 months.

Mat_Ron

Sep 29, 2018
Jacksonville, Fl
My E+1 came with tubes installed. The LBS had to remove tubes and add sealant before delivering the bike to me.
My E+ 2 was the same way. Came with tubes in and included a bottle of sealant. Bike shop converted to tubeless for me before I picked up the bike. If you look on Giant's site under the bikes specs, it lists tubeless kit under "Extras".

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
Hi Guys,

Can anyone confirm if the Trance E+1 and E+3 come with tubeless tyres from the factory? I see they are ''Tubeless Ready'' but not sure if they are tubeless from factory or not.

Cheers
Hi
Hi Guys,

Cheers
hi my E+1 came tubeless didn’t have to ask the shop they told me!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I may be wrong, but I have never heard of a bike coming from the factory tubeless with sealant in, usually it is down to the supplying dealer to set it up tubeless if the customer wants. Given how long a bike might sit in storage or a shop floor, the sealant would likely go off, and also just be sitting at the bottom of the tyre, so not actually doing its job.

A lot of bikes now come tubeless ready, but this just means you can go tubeless, they usually still come with an inner tube.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Look at the base of the valve, if there is a gasket there it is set up tubeless, if not it is tubed.

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
I may be wrong, but I have never heard of a bike coming from the factory tubeless with sealant in, usually it is down to the supplying dealer to set it up tubeless if the customer wants. Given how long a bike might sit in storage or a shop floor, the sealant would likely go off, and also just be sitting at the bottom of the tyre, so not actually doing its job.

A lot of bikes now come tubeless ready, but this just means you can go tubeless, they usually still come with an inner tube.
Giant Newcastle fit tubeless standard in my E+1 didn’t even ask and supplied 2 brand new sealed in box inner tubes.

dan3344

Oct 10, 2018
Malaysia
my E+2 come with tube installed but along with 3 bottle of sealant and tubeless valves.. all tubeless ready.. remove the tubes, put the sealant in, install the valve.. ready to roll..

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
I used the Giant sealant but I must say it's crap. I had a stone puncture the rear Rekon tire and the sealant struggled to plug the hole after frequent reflating and topping up with more sealant, i decided to chuck in some MucOff sealant and it fixed the leak instantly.

Pictomix

Mar 18, 2019
Uk
The stuff Giant uses is exactly the same as stans tyre sealant, my Trance E+1 pro came with sealant installed by the shop as the bikes ship with sealant in the box.
An easy way to tell if you have sealant in is place the valve at the lowest point and let a little air out, if you see white fluid spitting out its tubeless, if not it has tubes. I see no point in unseating the the tyre to see if there's a tube in, you will break the seal so to speak doing it that way!
Hope this helped

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles