Trance e+ power

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Hi.
I've had my trance e+ a week now, I'd used it Tuesday and Wednesday and had 66% battery left so removed battery and stored it in room temp room.
Today I've put it on the bike and it works fine on ride to work but when I power down it turns back on by its self. Any ideas?
Battery is now 33% after ride if that matters.
When it powers back on all lights light up then just the usual battery and power mode.

JandeMan

Dec 26, 2018
netherlands
Hi.
I've had my trance e+ a week now, I'd used it Tuesday and Wednesday and had 66% battery left so removed battery and stored it in room temp room.
Today I've put it on the bike and it works fine on ride to work but when I power down it turns back on by its self. Any ideas?
Battery is now 33% after ride if that matters.
When it powers back on all lights light up then just the usual battery and power mode.

I had the same problem with my last Full E 2018 model. So I went to my LBS for check.. It took 2 days before i had time.. in the meantime I removed the battery. But when I got to the LBS..the problem disappeared and all was working fine. And it never game back. I think maybe somewere there is some moisture that makes the problem.

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
I had the same problem with my last Full E 2018 model. So I went to my LBS for check.. It took 2 days before i had time.. in the meantime I removed the battery. But when I got to the LBS..the problem disappeared and all was working fine. And it never game back. I think maybe somewere there is some moisture that makes the problem.
That makes sense, it will turn off if I hold a power mode button after the on/off, but switches back on after a few minutes. System check via app states no issues. Maybe some moisture in one control maybe. I'll get an air dryer on it see if that sorts it.
Thanks for reply.

Lee67

Nov 21, 2018
Yorkshire
Yep normally water ingress in the controller... tho ive had mine 10 weeks and its got wet and not done that...

JandeMan

Dec 26, 2018
netherlands
I had only one time in the beginning a problem with the Full E 2018, but after that, with the same controler....never again (y)

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
seems like moisture egress is an issue with the controller. but i havent had any issues since it was replaced

To be honest I've still not taken it to have it replaced yet and not had any issues since and I've been out in wetter conditions than before I had the issue?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles