Trance E+3Pro 2019 Wheel / Tyre Upgrade

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
Hi Guys,
The time has come for me to upgrade my wheel-set.

I use the bike a lot (60 mile per week commute plus on average 30 mile per week off road) and want to have a set of wheels with more road orientated tyres and a set of of dedicated perhaps stronger wheels for the mountains.

I ride on some pretty rocky, craggy stuff and seems to take a fair bit of rim and tyre wall damage in boulder fields so need to choose a wheel set accordingly. What would you guys advise?

I am also interested to know if there is a favoured road tyre that wouldn't look too out of place on the Trance.
I want to stick with something quite wide for appearance's sake.

For off round I am going to try a Magic Mary DH soft on the front and a Michelin E-Wild Rear, on the rear.

Thanks in advance for any advice on the freehub and wheel etc.

Image to brighten up the post and where I suspect this weekends tyre damage happened.
Hodge Close - English lake District.

IMG_7623.JPG

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Hi hutchinson have just brought out the new tyre griffus it come in tanwall ? I've ran michelin wild Rock front in magic x and wild enduro rear they were indestructible especially the wild rock it was amazing I'm waiting for the new dh d22 michelin to come out blue and yellow sidewall writing looks cool ? we r riding whin latter next month so I'm searching for tyres aswell lol

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
I run tubeless E-Wild front and rear, had front tyre issues recently with sidewall micro punctures causing a slow leak (presumably from thorns.) Front tyre was replaced for free at local Giant store and now waiting to see how the new tyre holds up, and I'm also considering sourcing a better puncture sealant if it happens again.Grip and stability are brilliant, but deep and draggy tread on tarmac makes short road sections or commuting hard work. Fantastic in wet mud last weekend.

Very interested in the cost of a second set of wheels with road tyres, watching this thread with interest.

Last edited:

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
The new mountain tyres have arrived so I can at least get her back on the road tonight.

6EE4C93D-3E75-4354-A340-FE693F1FFE8C.jpeg

Still undecided on the road tyres for the commuting wheels.

Probably going to go with Schwalbe Marathon Plus MTB 2.25”

Evolution Stu

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Jun 30, 2019
Blackpool. U.K.
Ref the wheel set upgrade for the mountains, I am edging towards the Hope fortus 35 - Pro 4.

Trail - Fortus 35 - Pro 4

If anyone has any opinions on this choice, good or bad, or alternatives I would really love to hear them before I hit the button on them and potentially regret it!

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
Anything I've bought by hope in the past I've still got and it's works aswell as it did when I bought it good people aswell ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles