Trance E+3 or Full E+1

Ambrose

Mar 27, 2019
Brisbane, Australia.
I've been researching bikes here in Australia and I'm zeroing in on the Giant Trance E+ 3 Pro 2019. However, a Full-E+ 1 Pro 2018 popped up on bike exchange for the same money. I can't really find much info about it. How does it compare to the Trance 3?

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Ambrose, I have a full e pro - it has better suspension than the trance 3 , but the geometry is a bit old school - relatively short wheelbase / steep steering and tall. So very playfull, but not as stable for down hill etc. - great bikes if you flicking around things rather than charging over them

I'm waiting on the parts to extend my forks out to 160 mm to see if the slacker head angle improves down hill stability ( the euro 0 version came with 160 mm forks instead of the oz 140 mm) - it's only $90 and I figure on swapping back if it doesn't suit me.

They run shorter frames than is currently trendy, so eg my medium is about the same sizing as my old 2002 medium trance ( and much shorter than my m norco optic) . Idealy, go a size up on what you normally would.

The motor sits lower than the trance so for the first few months I kept hitting the bashplate - I've gotten used to the lower clearance now and it's fine. As a bonus, the bashplate actually protects the motor ( the trance has minimal protection)

The battery sits above rather than below the frame - so more protected , and it seems to dampen the motor noise from the rider c/w the trance.

I've come to like the screen on bars - I know exactly how much battery is left rather than just " 1 bar" , plus having a cadence readout or speed is handy to keep me awake on transports.

I've had it a year ( just over 1000 km) , and fitted a wider set of bars , replaced the 2 x chainset with a 1x , replaced rear wheel bearings, plus replaced the front tyre with a dhf . It's otherwise been trouble free - yesterday I drove over hotham in HEAVY rain - zero visibility - none of the electrcal issues we hear off from the trance owners.

My hub looks pristine, but they do share the same 3 pawl design with the trance , so I'm watching to see if the trance hubs get a recall and will then see if it applies to the full e.

The rainbow scheme can be covered up....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles