Trance e+ 2019 tyres.

Mikey1984

Oct 27, 2018
North east uk
Hi has many of you changed the tyres on the trance e+ 2019? Im wanting better tyres for wet muddy stuff . Im struggling to find tyres in 27.5 plus 2.6 Thanks Mike.

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
Hi has many of you changed the tyres on the trance e+ 2019? Im wanting better tyres for wet muddy stuff . Im struggling to find tyres in 27.5 plus 2.6 Thanks Mike.
Can,t you get the Magic Mary,s mike made a big difference to my Levo. On another note was in Peddlers on Saturday and my new Giant might be in the first week in February.

Baron

Nov 2, 2018
UK
Can,t you get the Magic Mary,s mike made a big difference to my Levo. On another note was in Peddlers on Saturday and my new Giant might be in the first week in February.
Ordered mine from Greg aswell...
What you getting ?

Mikey1984

Oct 27, 2018
North east uk
Loving myn :)

AF7FE114609A7DC47C63BDB0E0DDBCCB.jpg

friartuckshop

Jan 2, 2019
Auckland New Zealand
i was thinking of dropping back to a 2.5 nobby nic or high roller, find the the rekon on the back to wallowy in the mud, so thinking that a more aggressive slightly narrower tyre on the rear would help bite through the sticky stuff. Keep the DHF on the front at 2.6 for the wet rooty stuff

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
i was thinking of dropping back to a 2.5 nobby nic or high roller, find the the rekon on the back to wallowy in the mud, so thinking that a more aggressive slightly narrower tyre on the rear would help bite through the sticky stuff. Keep the DHF on the front at 2.6 for the wet rooty stuff

I had a stock 2.6 HR2 on the rear and went with a 2.5WT because I couldn't find a 2.6 replacement. I miss the 0.1.

friartuckshop

Jan 2, 2019
Auckland New Zealand
I had a stock 2.6 HR2 on the rear and went with a 2.5WT because I couldn't find a 2.6 replacement. I miss the 0.1.
thats why i am also thinking the nobby nic, as there width is closer to what size they say. But if i can find the 2.6 in the HR or even the DHR i will pull the trigger on that. But at this stage i am still leaning towards the NN

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
I wanted the 2.6 DHR IIs, but they aren't available in a DD casing. Next time I'll go with the EXO casing if the the DD is not available.

DHR II

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
I'm waiting on a maxxis assagai 2.6 exo+ , not sure what they are like in the mud though.

Assegai's are great in the mud for an "all-rounder" tyre in the front and rear! Obviously, mud specific tyres like the Shorty are going to be better suited to the wet stuff but crap everywhere else.

Where did you find a 2.6 assegai? is it still a WT(Wide Trail)?

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Ewild on the rear all year round. The Ewild front, whilst mighty in the wet, lost a touch of composure for me in the dry, so the Minion DHF is back on until it gets soggy again. Tyres, done.

Shane(NZ)

Sep 4, 2019
NewZealand
Assegai's are great in the mud for an "all-rounder" tyre in the front and rear! Obviously, mud specific tyres like the Shorty are going to be better suited to the wet stuff but crap everywhere else.

Where did you find a 2.6 assegai? is it still a WT(Wide Trail)?

I believe all maxxis 2.6 are WT they just dont say it.
I'm getting my from bikeinn hopefully!
They didn't have stock local and couldn't give a time frame on the exo+ model.
I have a assagai 2.5WT DD on the front, I really like it, mainly used in dry conditions.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
The 27.5 x 2.5 Max-Grip compound Maxxis Shorty, is an awesome tire when conditions are tough and sloppy.

Yes, it's also a boat anchor.!

Stretch40

Jun 26, 2019
Durham
I'm running specialized hillbilly 2.6 they measure about 2.5 but hey they are amazing compared to the dhf that came on off piste muddy riding is fun with them and I got a pair for £48 if u shop around ?

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I just installed my early summer tire combo and took it for a spin in some very winter like conditions (unexpected rain today).

I'm running a 2.5 Shorty exo max-terra up front, and a 2.5 Assegai exo+ max-terra out back. Initially I used 22 psi in the front and 25 psi in the rear. I'm gonna let some air out for my ride later on.

Traction in wet dirt and slop, both organic and clay, is exceptional I think, and balance front to rear feels nice.

The only bad thing I could find on my maiden voyage, was that the max-terra compound is not nearly as good on wet rocks and roots, as the Max-Grip compound I ran all winter.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles