Trance E+ 2 Pro - Deposit Down

Major Major

Sep 24, 2018
Krakow, Poland
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I will be joining the Giant club from (appx.) mid-April when my bike is delivered. I put a deposit down on the bike a couple of days ago. That was the first time I saw the bike in the flesh and the blue really pops. Maybe even too bright; will need to slap some mud on it asap ;-)

I looked at a number of bikes - from Specialized (obviously) and Fantic, through Trek, Cube, and Scott as well. E+ 2 Pro had the best ratio of equipment levels to price and I really liked the motor. I thought Spec prices were just way out there, I don't like Bosch and Fantic LBD were just a bit too far away. I was also looking at SX E+ 1 but I think for my type of riding, I prefer a more typical XC stance on the bike.

One interesting tidbit - I was struggling to get any kind of discount from the distributor; they were blunt about the fact that they sell more bikes they can ever get. It's the same for all local LBDs as well. I think Spec are looking to stand up a couple of extra ebike shops here because the market soaks up seemingly any volume. It's crazy. Eventually I got a deal I wanted but just a heads up the market is only just revving up.

In any case I could not be happier. Looks like my summer is well taken care of. See you around :)

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
Giant have some cracking bikes out now with good spec, mine has just come into the shop and just waiting to get it visiey framed then i will be out i got the sx 0 pro and it looks even better in the flesh than on the websites enjoy yours I'm sure you will.

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
Well done they are great bikes and I did put a deposit down on one recently but I changed my mind and cancelled, I haggled for a deal at both LBS and got a deal so I hope you got what you wanted and that blue is lovely :)

Mikey1984

Oct 27, 2018
North east uk
Giant have some cracking bikes out now with good spec, mine has just come into the shop and just waiting to get it visiey framed then i will be out i got the sx 0 pro and it looks even better in the flesh than on the websites enjoy yours I'm sure you will.
Nice it wont be long now then mate because they used my bike as the template at inviciframe :). Let me know when you get it and we will have a ride out.

Mikey1984

Oct 27, 2018
North east uk
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I will be joining the Giant club from (appx.) mid-April when my bike is delivered. I put a deposit down on the bike a couple of days ago. That was the first time I saw the bike in the flesh and the blue really pops. Maybe even too bright; will need to slap some mud on it asap ;-)

I looked at a number of bikes - from Specialized (obviously) and Fantic, through Trek, Cube, and Scott as well. E+ 2 Pro had the best ratio of equipment levels to price and I really liked the motor. I thought Spec prices were just way out there, I don't like Bosch and Fantic LBD were just a bit too far away. I was also looking at SX E+ 1 but I think for my type of riding, I prefer a more typical XC stance on the bike.

One interesting tidbit - I was struggling to get any kind of discount from the distributor; they were blunt about the fact that they sell more bikes they can ever get. It's the same for all local LBDs as well. I think Spec are looking to stand up a couple of extra ebike shops here because the market soaks up seemingly any volume. It's crazy. Eventually I got a deal I wanted but just a heads up the market is only just revving up.

In any case I could not be happier. Looks like my summer is well taken care of. See you around :)
Good choice mate that blue looks very nice :) . Amazing value really nowt can touch them at these prices.

Major Major

Sep 24, 2018
Krakow, Poland
Thanks fellas. Definitely hoping for no issues ?I’ll post some pictures once I get to take it out for a wee run.

In the meantime...
63BB68F6-79E0-4817-B212-8F3436018D07.gif

Major Major

Sep 24, 2018
Krakow, Poland
Slightly crap photo, but here it is:
bike.jpg

I can say that the bike is excellent, real pleasure to ride. Love the geometry - both up and downhill. Rear Rekon tyre is poor and it will go asap. Brakes are better than expected, as is the suspension (both ends). Perhaps forks could be a tiny bit more sensitive but overall the bike feels really planted and butch af on the trail. The best way to describe is that the bike looks after you at all times and it does it very well.

That makes it less playful, I suppose, but that's not what I am after at this stage. One thing to say is that e-bikes are maybe not the best tool to learn manualling. That's really where the weight of the bike comes out the most. I tried to manual this one but it needs waaaay more force than I'm used to and, as a result, I just end up making small tiny hops. Just need to get used to being a bit more brutal with it, I suppose.

The motor is a little bit louder than I expected, but not too bad at all. It pulls like a train and assistance is very noticeable; at times it feels almost too easy to ride in terms of physical effort. It's actually a bit weird - I spent a fair bit of my first long ride on tarmac and light terrain and initially I felt like the motor was not giving me any assistance at all, but that's only because I was already over 25 km/h. It's ridiculous how quick and easy it is to get to that speed; honestly, it takes no effort at all. Then you run out of support and start to feel the weight of the bike. That's especially pronounced in higher (smaller) gears where cadence feels more natural. I'm usually in second / third support level. Tried fourth & fifth but honestly saw no difference.

I'm having a fantastic time so far - really happy I went for the Giant.

Silato

Nov 29, 2018
Manchester UK
Slightly crap photo, but here it is: View attachment 12525

I can say that the bike is excellent, real pleasure to ride. Love the geometry - both up and downhill. Rear Rekon tyre is poor and it will go asap. Brakes are better than expected, as is the suspension (both ends). Perhaps forks could be a tiny bit more sensitive but overall the bike feels really planted and butch af on the trail. The best way to describe is that the bike looks after you at all times and it does it very well.

That makes it less playful, I suppose, but that's not what I am after at this stage. One thing to say is that e-bikes are maybe not the best tool to learn manualling. That's really where the weight of the bike comes out the most. I tried to manual this one but it needs waaaay more force than I'm used to and, as a result, I just end up making small tiny hops. Just need to get used to being a bit more brutal with it, I suppose.

The motor is a little bit louder than I expected, but not too bad at all. It pulls like a train and assistance is very noticeable; at times it feels almost too easy to ride in terms of physical effort. It's actually a bit weird - I spent a fair bit of my first long ride on tarmac and light terrain and initially I felt like the motor was not giving me any assistance at all, but that's only because I was already over 25 km/h. It's ridiculous how quick and easy it is to get to that speed; honestly, it takes no effort at all. Then you run out of support and start to feel the weight of the bike. That's especially pronounced in higher (smaller) gears where cadence feels more natural. I'm usually in second / third support level. Tried fourth & fifth but honestly saw no difference.

I'm having a fantastic time so far - really happy I went for the Giant.
I've had mine since February and it's been great. I've had the mark 3 controller fitted recently due to the older one having water ingress issues other than that been great. I think alot of the resistance over the 25kmph especially on tarmac is due to the Down hill front tyre. When I use it for comuting I put about 40psi in and it makes a difference.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles