Trance E+1, 4 days out in Thrunton woods, what a bike flies through everything thrown at it!!!!

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
only problem cant remove the battery?? i have removed it numerous times but for some reason it wont come out?? any one else got any removal problems? oh ans anyone got any orange paint iv chipped a bit off on the swing arm, Giant wont/dont supply paint!!
aprt from that this bike is fantastic!!!

Mat_Ron

Sep 29, 2018
Jacksonville, Fl
My battery is also hard to remove. The first couple of times that I removed the battery it dropped out the way it is supposed to. Now it doesnt drop down when turning the key. I have to hold the key unlocked and then it takes a lot of effort to get it out. I guess I would rather have this issue than any potential connection problem as some have reported. Either way, I know that it can be adjusted.

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
My battery is also hard to remove. The first couple of times that I removed the battery it dropped out the way it is supposed to. Now it doesnt drop down when turning the key. I have to hold the key unlocked and then it takes a lot of effort to get it out. I guess I would rather have this issue than any potential connection problem as some have reported. Either way, I know that it can be adjusted.

Mine is the same as this and I agree that i would rather have it a touch too tight in comparison to having it too loose and have battery connection issues with power/motor cutouts.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thrunton is awesome. I love the place. I find due to the sprinty undulating nature of a lot of them, the fitter you are the better the trails are so an Ebike would be awesome there. (Have only ridden my regular hardtails and Enduro bikes there)
Did you ride the descent from the top ridge? up the moor? (Sorry for the poor description I'm no good with trail/Strava segment names) That's one of my favourite short descents anywhere! How was carrying the bike up the rocky craggs? Brutal I'd imgine.

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
Thrunton is awesome. I love the place. I find due to the sprinty undulating nature of a lot of them, the fitter you are the better the trails are so an Ebike would be awesome there. (Have only ridden my regular hardtails and Enduro bikes there)
Did you ride the descent from the top ridge? up the moor? (Sorry for the poor description I'm no good with trail/Strava segment names) That's one of my favourite short descents anywhere! How was carrying the bike up the rocky craggs? Brutal I'd imgine.
If not done the top ridge I working my way up too it , I’m getting in at least a dozen more runs in on the ebike it’s awsome!! I enjoy the climbs just as much as the descents!! The bike has a walk mode so you really don’t feel the weight of the bike! Come and join the revolution it’s sooo much fun

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
only problem cant remove the battery?? i have removed it numerous times but for some reason it wont come out??

Get a set of tamper-resistant torx bits and adjust the latch assembly. I don't remember which size it is, but an entire set was cheap at my local auto parts shop. FWIW, It's easier to see what you're doing if you turn the bike wheels up.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
If not done the top ridge I working my way up too it , I’m getting in at least a dozen more runs in on the ebike it’s awsome!! I enjoy the climbs just as much as the descents!! The bike has a walk mode so you really don’t feel the weight of the bike! Come and join the revolution it’s sooo much fun
lol. Walk mode isn't going to help you get it up that ridge. it's a hike a bike and why I asked.
Think you missed my point. I have an Ebike. I just haven't taken it to Thrunton as my mates don't have Ebikes.

Northumbrian

Sep 3, 2018
Rothbury
lol. Walk mode isn't going to help you get it up that ridge. it's a hike a bike and why I asked.
Think you missed my point. I have an Ebike. I just haven't taken it to Thrunton as my mates don't have Ebikes.

Getting up to the ridge can be done from the south, but it’s a a few miles. The direct route used to be rideable down over, but now is impossible ( last time it was a struggle to get a non assist bike down.... couldn’t fancy hauling an e bike up it !)
Years ago riding along the ridge a freak gust of wind nearly took me over the edge, nothing I could do, nearly shat myself...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The only way I know is out the top of the woods and right along a fireroad, over a fence into a moor with a short descent until you hit the steep rocky part that's unridable. Did it a couple of months back on my Capra.

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
Ohhh right it’s a great test! My mate is getting his ebike in a month when we go up I’ll drop you a line if that’s ok?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ohhh right it’s a great test! My mate is getting his ebike in a month when we go up I’ll drop you a line if that’s ok?
Yeah. That'd be cool. I'd love to join you. none of my mates are willing to embrace the awesomeness of Ebikes (yet ;) ) Fools.
Like i said, I love Thrunton. probably don't know the place all that well compared to a local so a ride with you regulars would be ace!

Last edited:

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
only problem cant remove the battery?? i have removed it numerous times but for some reason it wont come out?? any one else got any removal problems? oh ans anyone got any orange paint iv chipped a bit off on the swing arm, Giant wont/dont supply paint!!
aprt from that this bike is fantastic!!!
oh battery sorted just a bit of shite in the compartment from the trails all cleared now!!

Shane

Sep 16, 2018
Adelaide
+2 same here and same on my wife’s. She gets irritated by it but it doesn’t fuss me really.

Mesa

Nov 12, 2018
SO Cal
My +1 was also sticky first time removing. I didn't dare force it. I brought it to the dealer because I didn't want to bend the key or damage the mechanism. I asked him if the key went to some other Ebike in the store. He tried it on his 4 display, Ebikes. No it was mine- just sticky. He thanked me for letting him do the first release. I am going to tri flow the lock.

Loving this AMAZING bike. At 63 I am doing 3-4 hour rides instead of 1-2.

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
Hey up Gary going down to thrunton tomorrow morning about 9.30 don’t know if that’s any good?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Ah... Bollocks. Just seen this. I'm free today too so would have been cool.
Give me a shout next time. I'm ususally free every second Sunday

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
Ah... Bollocks. Just seen this. I'm free today too so would have been cool.
Give me a shout next time. I'm ususally free every second Sunday
No prob what a morning thrunton was superb if I didn’t know better I would think it was spring! Wasn’t too clarty!
Oh me too this is my weekend off I’ll give you a bit of notice next time

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. it's bone dry round here just now too.
Yeah. Cool. If you let me know by the end of the week I should be cool to make a Sunday (when child free)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hi Gary I’m going to thrunton tomorrow morn prob about 8.30 if you fancr
Hi Minty. Wish I could join you but I'm not free until mid day tomorrow.
enjoy!
any snow down that way? it's all beginning to thaw into peanut butter in the hills up this way.

minty15389

Dec 22, 2018
morpeth
Hi Minty. Wish I could join you but I'm not free until mid day tomorrow.
enjoy!
any snow down that way? it's all beginning to thaw into peanut butter in the hills up this way.
Nothing yet forecast for a couple of showers but nothing major! Takes more than a bit of winter to stop me! Owt to get away from the kids for a couple of hours! ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles