Trail Watts starts testing Range Extender for Bosch.

joxelitor

May 23, 2020
Spain
Thats the one o bought only to be told after I had made payment they wanted my battery 🔋
Stay away from Volabike!!!

That company is selling sh*t like that on the pictures attached by Trailwatts.

They talk about "safety layers", "propietary electronics" but the fact is that they are selling the kits with silicon or schottky diodes enclosed on heat shrink tube ignoring all the thermal issues involved.

In Spain where they are based, there are reports about extenders no extending, or ebike damage, depending on the fail mode of the the toasted diode: short or open.

Now they are drilling and modifying Bosch batteries attaching a cable for the connection of the extender in parallel with the cell bank. They left to the user goodwill the connection in equal voltage level!. An electronic nightmare just to left customers with Bosch warranty void

Last edited:

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Stay away from Volabike!!!

That company is selling sh*t like that on the pictures attached by Trailwatts.

They talk about "safety layers", "propietary electronics" but the fact is that they are selling the kits with silicon or schottky diodes enclosed on heat shrink tube ignoring all the thermal issues involved.

In Spain where they are based, there are reports about extenders no extending, or ebike damage, depending on the fail mode of the the toasted diode: short or open.

Now they are drilling and modifying Bosch batteries attaching a cable for the connection of the extender in parallel with the cell bank. They left to the user goodwill the connection in equal voltage level!. An electronic nightmare just to left customers with Bosch warranty void
I’m glad that I don’t have to publicly mention any companies or outfits claiming to have a safe system.

I’ll use the phrase “With great power, comes greater responsibility”

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Todays ride proved the prototype module compatibility with Gen 4 motor and battery. 19 miles with a 378wh booster on a size large Focus jam with tubes plus rider/ bag 105kg riding in high winds on a local loop resulted in 1 bar drop of the 5 displayed.

Upgrading the display etc so I can gather more data.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
93CD88DF-7B6E-4F5B-B8CC-FDAE2AF84466.jpeg

It’s getting trail tested daily from next week. Hopefully I can try get a full day on the bike to see what mileage I can achieve. Padded cycling shorts will be a must😂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles