Trail mode

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
Just to be clear, am I correct in thinking that the Brose motor doesn't have a variable setting that progressively switches between low and high power ? Like trail mode and E-MTB on Shimano and Bosch ?

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I don't know other brose motored bikes, but Specialized has three different mode Eco, Trail and Turbo. And you can adjust them through the mobile app

AML

Mar 12, 2019
USA - Virginia
The Trek I test rode had the EMTB option, which was pretty nice. The Specialized one didn’t have the “set it and forget it” mode like the Trek and it’s EMTB setting.

JimBo

E*POWAH Elite
Jan 3, 2019
Western MA, USA
Just to be clear, am I correct in thinking that the Brose motor doesn't have a variable setting that progressively switches between low and high power ? Like trail mode and E-MTB on Shimano and Bosch ?
My Bulls w/Brose's level 2 feels a lot like my Commencal w/Shimano's Trail mode; smooth and responsive to my pedaling torque. Both seem to hit peak power with hard 85+ rpm cadence, yet are less torquie when gently navigating flat, technical sections.

I've also ridden Yamaha PW and Bosch CX powered bikes extensively. Yamaha's Std mode is also similar to Trail (except it peaks around 75 rpm and drops dramatically at 90+, though I've heard the PW-X extends that range). CX's EMTB mode is far more binary, IMO, requiring much less pedal force to hit peak output. This causes faster battery depletion in hilly terrain.

Of all the assist motors I've experienced so far, however, the CX does have the widest cadence range. It's just the least "natural" feeling to me.

Last edited:

Sijmes

Sep 22, 2018
Netherlands
I own a Bosch and am quite fond of the power delivery in emtb. I hired a Brose powered Levo in Gran Canaria for a day, but I was more overwhelmed by the terrain than the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles