Torque settings

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Hi all, have had to drop my motor down (2019 160 900e) to put in a new dropper post cable, have read that you can do it without, but had to do the same previously and didn't find it too much of a drama.
Just wondering if anyone out there knows the correct torque settings for the main motor Allen bolts. As said, I did drop the motor last time I changed my dropper post cable but when undoing the bolts this time they seem very loose. I did put a drop of thread lock on them last time and will do again but have a large and small torque wrench so would like to do the right thing. Cheers in advance and keep dreaming of normality and riding freely again, Steve

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
That's pretty ridiculous, I was wondering why there was no numbers on or around those bolts when nearly all the rest of the bike it has the Nm for them.
Rick, when you say cover bolts, you mean the little plastic cover on the left hand side? It only has tiny Phillips head screws in it and I could see that being around 0.6Nm.
Oh well unless anyone else has some ideas I guess its a couple of drops of locktite and use the old British Navy method of 'Tighten it till it strips, then back it off a touch' ;)

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
That's pretty ridiculous, I was wondering why there was no numbers on or around those bolts when nearly all the rest of the bike it has the Nm for them.
Rick, when you say cover bolts, you mean the little plastic cover on the left hand side? It only has tiny Phillips head screws in it and I could see that being around 0.6Nm.
Oh well unless anyone else has some ideas I guess its a couple of drops of locktite and use the old British Navy method of 'Tighten it till it strips, then back it off a touch' ;)

Yup - those plastic cover bolts. FWIW, my Pivot Shuttle (same drive system) specs 13 Nm for those M8 motor mounting bolts.

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
That sounds about right to me, that and a couple of drops of stud lock should do the trick, plus I'll keep an eye on them for the first couple of rides. Thanks for the reply Rick

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles