Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Product Image:
71bb4fO4nTL._SY355_.jpg

Product name: Topeak D2 Smart Head Digital Pressure Gauge
Price paid: £23.07 from Amazon. £20.99 at CRC
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: This is a great little pressure gauge. I borrowed one from @Rob after I burped a tyre at the FoD recently and liked it so much I bought one. I had some Amazon vouchers to get rid of and a free Prime trial so it ended up costing me 3 quid delivered. Unfortunately, the first one they sent was clearly a return; the battery was missing and the battery cover was chewed up where some ham-fisted twonk had used a screwdriver that was too small. Amazon CS sent a replacement out immediately, but I still had the ball-ache of repacking it and returning it via their parcel service that only has one collection point in my tiny town and that's in the ghetto... :eek:

Anywho, back to the pressure gauge...

It fits both Presta and Schrader valves and holds the reading after you release it but there's no discernible leaking from the valve when it's connected so there no need to rush to get it off. It has a button to release pressure as well, which is useful, but it seems you still have to remove, reset and refit the gauge to get another reading. Which is less so. Of course, it's possible I'm doing it wrong.
It reads up to 250psi and is apparently good for shocks and forks too. Unless you're a fat lad like me... :(
The readout is a decent size and swivels to make usage easier.

My only quibble is the SmartHead. According to Topeak it auto adjusts to valve type but several times mine has just sat in the middle and not worked.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
That’s a great deal!

I don’t need to remove mine for the pressure to update, it does it live. If I remember correctly you have to press a button to put it into that setting though?

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
They have gone up in price , best guage I’ve had so far . It will do all the operations , you have to slide the yellow lever across to change from Schrader to Presta valve .
I don’t use the deflate for fear sealant will get into the guage , been good for a couple of years so far though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles