Tools to remove chainring

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
Hi everyone, I have a bad cracking noise that may come from the motor screws. (Bike is a 2018 Turbo levo fsr comp)

Looks like I need some adaptor to remove the chainring and maybe an extractor ? Could someone link me a webshop (in europe) that sells those tools so I know precisely what I need ?

Thank you !

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I believe the 3 x13mm nuts that mount the motor are on the non drive side. So you won’t need to remove the drive side.

An 8 notch bottom bracket tool and a 2 jaw gear puller is needed to remove the drive side. Also a suitable size socket to use as a spacer to protect the torque sensor when using the gear puller.

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
I believe the 3 x13mm nuts that mount the motor are on the non drive side. So you won’t need to remove the drive side.

The nuts are on the right side but I still have to access the drive side to remove the screws and grease them, right ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
The nuts are on the right side but I still have to access the drive side to remove the screws and grease them, right ?

If the motor covers are causing the noise, you can quite them without removing. Loosen them and pull away from the frame. Smear grease on the edges where they contact the frame. Job done ✅

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
If the motor covers are causing the noise, you can quite them without removing. Loosen them and pull away from the frame. Smear grease on the edges where they contact the frame. Job done ✅

Not the cover but the metric screws that link the motor to the frame. I'll try to grease the cover though, just in case.

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
I had a similar thing try this. Remove non drive a side crank and motor cover. Loosen and re torque 13 mm motor mount nuts. Then loosen the left side upper motor Allen bolt and loosen swing arm pivot bolt. Then loosen right side motor Allen bolt and re torque right side Allen first the. Left Allen and swingarm pivot. This sequence worked for me and noise was gone. 400km no creak.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles