To E, or not to E. That is the question.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Well Ive finally bitten the bullet.
Picked up my new Cube stereo hybrid 140 hpc race yesterday. I did originally want it in the blue but the Matt green looks so much nicer in the flesh.
Heading up into the purbeck for my daily exercise/maiden voyage this morning.
(I live there, I can ride straight out of the garden)
My route is 45 miles long so we’ll see how we go.
I’ll post some pics if I can work out how.
Thanks again for everyone’s help.
Fair run that I find I get arsache before bikebattery flat. I did a road run other day which I never do always off road anyway I got 40 miles and still 25 percent left used turbo for 15 miles as well.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Curious how fast is a fast charger. My charger takes roughly 4 hours from flat to full

According to Bosch, the fast charger will do 50% of a 500Wh Powertube in 1.2 hours and a full charge in 3 hours.

I think that last half is always going to take more time because the current needs to drop the closer the battery gets to full.

It also makes me think that it's probably not worth taking the heavier fast charger if you are not expecting to be nearly out of power by lunchtime. Trying to top up the last 30% probably will be no faster than a lightweight, compact charger. (Not yet tried it, so I may be speaking from my anal orifice).

Optimusmiles

Feb 8, 2020
Dorset UK
Maiden voyage complete!
I’m a very happy boy ?
42 miles, mainly in eco with 53% battery remaining!
Really, really impressed! My aching backside was my achilles heel this time. Sure I’ll get used to the new saddle. My eBikeConnect doesn’t want to transfer the data at the moment but watch this space.

Optimusmiles

Feb 8, 2020
Dorset UK
A few photos...

477E88EC-96D6-4E15-B627-42F4B8CD14D6.jpeg

F74D5A6E-2C7E-4B4F-99E4-98879889D0F5.jpeg

4F9E63A0-19DC-44C7-B8B0-13597D5A7A4E.jpeg

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Great to see! Nothing beats that first ride - although every one after that will still put a huge smile on your face. Congratulations. Lovely looking bike in a great colour (which is better in the flesh than on film).

Just a tip, @Optimusmiles , if you haven't done so already, you can set up your "privacy" in Strava to not show your track anywhere near your house. Mine is set to plot from a radius of 1km from an address (not my house!) so my bike can't be located. It amazes me that I can even see the garage door on some folks plots in Satellite mode!

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
Maiden voyage complete!
I’m a very happy boy ?
42 miles, mainly in eco with 53% battery remaining!
Really, really impressed! My aching backside was my achilles heel this time. Sure I’ll get used to the new saddle. My eBikeConnect doesn’t want to transfer the data at the moment but watch this space.
Wow my 22 mile Purbeck ride with 2650' if climbing only had 28 miles left mostly in eco too. That's impressive

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
According to Bosch, the fast charger will do 50% of a 500Wh Powertube in 1.2 hours and a full charge in 3 hours.

I think that last half is always going to take more time because the current needs to drop the closer the battery gets to full.

It also makes me think that it's probably not worth taking the heavier fast charger if you are not expecting to be nearly out of power by lunchtime. Trying to top up the last 30% probably will be no faster than a lightweight, compact charger. (Not yet tried it, so I may be speaking from my anal orifice).
Agree the last green light on mine takes forever. Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles