Time to try the Fox dhx2 coil

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
I had written to Canyon asking whether or not I could install a coil. They didn't give much of an answer whether or not it was possible, but they did say this:

"We only tested our bikes with air forks and rear shocks. A usage of coil forks and rear shocks will not be covered under warrenty."

Which concerned me a bit, as I was thinking of getting a Spectral and doing exactly what you did with the coil first thing. But it sounds like any other components failing with the coil installed means Canyon won't cover anything, which is unsettling. "The motor broke but because you swapped in a coil we won't cover it". So I'm going to pick up a Commencal instead, which comes with a coil, problem solved I guess, but budget destroyed.

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
Ride
Canyon on
I had written to Canyon asking whether or not I could install a coil. They didn't give much of an answer whether or not it was possible, but they did say this:

"We only tested our bikes with air forks and rear shocks. A usage of coil forks and rear shocks will not be covered under warrenty."

Which concerned me a bit, as I was thinking of getting a Spectral and doing exactly what you did with the coil first thing. But it sounds like any other components failing with the coil installed means Canyon won't cover anything, which is unsettling. "The motor broke but because you swapped in a coil we won't cover it". So I'm going to pick up a Commencal instead, which comes with a coil, problem solved I guess, but budget destroyed.
I see what your saying but now i know i would just pop the standard air shocks back on if i needed warranty

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
Ride
Canyon on
What size (Frame) do you ride? Wich rear shocks habe you try on your Spectral? Would this pass on a size “M”?
Mine is a large, i’ve put a fox dpx2 on which was very good and now have the dhx2 which is amazing as i do a lot of dh stuff and very rough natural rocky stuff. If i was just doing single track and trail centres i’d go for the dpx2.
Not tried them on a medium

Aug 28, 2018
Derby
Ride
Canyon on
Which spring do you use at which body weight (DHX2)
I’m 15st kitted up and use a 550lb spring which is perfect with 28% sag and just use all the travel now and then on bigger jumps

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending